Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone!
I have a 2005 Pilot that I am having issues with the climate control.
It used to blow super cold air when I got it but would not blow hot air when changing the dial and would grind behind the dash. Thus after reading many threads I decided to replace the air mix motor since winter is coming here in Michigan. Well I replaced it today and took it for a drive.

The rear blows super cold still but the front not so much. The far left vent blows hot when driving down the road and the others seem to blow sort of cold air.
When I come to a stop the air seems to return to a colder temp out of all vents. But not as cold as it once was.

I installed the old air mix motor but I have the same symptoms still.

As I change the dial i can see the arm moving up under the dash where it connects to the cable/arm. I can also see the white circle in the center moving with the change.
It was half broke, now I have really broken it.

Any ideas?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. I'm just an idiot and the pin was not engaged into the arm that controls the blend door. Once this was hooked back in the AC blows full cold now. Grinding is gone but still only barely any heat. Will look into the set screw in the engine bay that sometimes comes loose.
This seems like a great site for knowledge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts