Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to this board, so excuse me if I've posted this in the wrong area/forum.

Are any of you new owners of the 2003 Honda Pilot? I'm looking to buy one for my family and I thought I'd ask around to see if any of you are proud and happy (hopefully) new owners of the Pilot.

If so, I'm hoping you might be able to share your sales experience with me.

-The dealer you bought it from in the bay area?
-Who you dealt with? Salesperson, fleet person, web contact??
-The price you were able to negotiate?

I am looking at buying the Pilot EX with the DVD system instelled.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Welcome.

You will find a lot of information on various dealers and their experiences. Do a search. Also check the 'Dealer Rating' section. Hope that helps.

humanpole said:
I'm brand new to this board, so excuse me if I've posted this in the wrong area/forum.

Are any of you new owners of the 2003 Honda Pilot? I'm looking to buy one for my family and I thought I'd ask around to see if any of you are proud and happy (hopefully) new owners of the Pilot.

If so, I'm hoping you might be able to share your sales experience with me.

-The dealer you bought it from in the bay area?
-Who you dealt with? Salesperson, fleet person, web contact??
-The price you were able to negotiate?

I am looking at buying the Pilot EX with the DVD system instelled.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I am a few hours north of you in Redding. We bought ours here at Crown Motors. We paid $500.00 less than MSRP. Not great, but better than most. We ordered it in September, arrived in December. We love it. Worth every penny.

It's about three hours for you to drive up here from the City, but worth it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
humanpole said:

-The dealer you bought it from in the bay area?
-Who you dealt with? Salesperson, fleet person, web contact??
-The price you were able to negotiate?

1) I bought from Hayward Honda
2) I dealt with Bill Gumo, Internet Fleet Manager. If you call him, you can use my name as a reference. PM me for name
3) I negotiated MSRP for Black EXL. I leased for 48 months with $4k total drive off and $340/moth including tax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I just picked up a Pilot EXL-RES at Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose. Excellant service. I dealt with the Internet manager, Manuel Souza. The dealership is brand new. I had such a good experience that i plan to go back next week to pick up a '03 Accord. I was able to get exactly MSRP at $32480. I was happy with that. Right now inventory is low and demand is high for the Pilots in the Bay Area. You'd be hard pressed to get less then MSRP.

Justin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jrichter09 said:
I just picked up a Pilot EXL-RES at Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose. Excellant service. I dealt with the Internet manager, Manuel Souza. The dealership is brand new. I had such a good experience that i plan to go back next week to pick up a '03 Accord. I was able to get exactly MSRP at $32480. I was happy with that. Right now inventory is low and demand is high for the Pilots in the Bay Area. You'd be hard pressed to get less then MSRP.

Justin
Thanks for the tip Justin. I hate to inform you, but I'm on Manuel's email lsit and he sent out an email to me on 1/30 offering the EXL with DVD for $1620 under MSRP. It was silver and my wife does not want silver so i told Manuel to keep me on his list. If you just bought your Pilot from them, I'd be happy to send you Manuel's email that he sent to me with his price of $30,860 for a Silver EXL with DVD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
I'm hoping you might be able to share your sales experience with me.

-The dealer you bought it from in the bay area?
-Who you dealt with? Salesperson, fleet person, web contact??
-The price you were able to negotiate?

I am looking at buying the Pilot EX with the DVD system instelled.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!!!!
I purchased EX-L RES from San Leandro Honda (Jim Hurst - 510-347-5132). Back in November, when I was shopping, they and Grace Honda were the only two bay area dealers quoting MSRP on the internet.

By early December, Autowest Honda (Fremont) was quoting sub-MSRP, but only a few dollar below MSRP.

Recently, received e-mail from SF Honda (which back in November was $1,300 above MSRP). They were quoting in stock EX-L RES with a certain dealer installed options at > $1k below MSRP.

Best bet - go to Edmunds.com or KBB.com and use their new car quote service to request quotes from multiple dealers. It's a great service and time saver. As you can see from my experience, dealerships pricing differs from month to month.

Another tip: I had a loan commitment from peoplefirst.com at 4.99% / 5-years. San Leandro Honda beat it with a 4.90% rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Thanks. Actually I know all about that email, because actually bought that car which was in it. Boy was I pissed for a while. I was actually at the dealer in the morning when Manuel gave me MSRP which was fine with me because it matched carsdirect's price. I get home from only it to only see the email from him with the lower then MSRP price. It was sent out while I was at the dealer. To say i was ticked was an under statement. So anyways I went down there the next day with the email and spoke to the Manager, Manuel's boss. Turns out that email was all wrong. The prices quoted were Oddyssey prices with Pilot pictures. They proved it to me. Needless to say, I got several free detailing sessions and oil changes out of it.

Justin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
jrichter09 said:
Needless to say, I got several free detailing sessions and oil changes out of it.

Justin
I sure hope that it isnt the dealer that is detailing your car. If it is, I wouldnt exaclty call that a win....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Dealer Detailing

I agree don't get your car detailed at a sales or service dealership, I have never had a car come back from their detailing looking the way I wanted it to. I know this is threadrift but it needs to be said. There are plenty of other posts on here about members bad experiences with the dealer doing the detailing, just be careful! :rolleyes:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top