Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just replaced the transmission in my 03 pilot and in the process of getting it all back together. I marked pretty much everything I thought may give me trouble on reassembly but I can’t remember this set of wires. I assume it’s to the battery but I figured I would ask. I also think that the wires have been replaced at some point because it just doesn’t look stock to me but anyway I’ll add a pick of what they are and where they come from and maybe someone can help me out. Thanks in advance! It’s a red and black coming from under the driver side headlight down to this plug.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,187 Posts
I have a 2005 and I don’t recall seeing that wire when I pulled the battery and battery tray. Perhaps it is for fog lights based on the location of that white capped plug. Is there a similar plug on the passenger side?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@road2cycle I’ll have to look and see. It’s also split to another sensor mounted behind the bumper which I assumed had something to do with the airbags but I really have no clue

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I identified one of the connections behind the bumper as a power relay. C9803 804-1a-c1 is what’s on it. The connector with the white cap is a 20 amp fuse.
So as far as I can tell it is connected to anything else. Red and black wire that runs to a power relay and then splits and goes to a plug with a fuse in it. It looks like it was just connected to the battery and I guess the black was grounded somewhere. I just didn’t want to hook it up that way not knowing for sure and I can’t really find any info on it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It is definitely some kind of add-on aftermarket component. I would try to trace and see where the red wire goes. Most likely something under the hood cause they opted to run the ground terminal to the battery as well.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,187 Posts
The wiring may have gone to the alarm’s horn, if the horn is no longer there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts