Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2019 LX Awd (no technology package) with the tow package 5klbs and 32k miles. I want to trade it in for a 2021 (I guess EX Awd with technology)... is it unreasonable to get 23k on the trade and 38k purchase price? Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Negotiate the new car price first. Don't tell them you have a trade until after you have a price. I was able to get quotes on a 2021 EX for $32,900 from one dealer and $33,400 from another. As for the trade, KBB lists a range from $21k to $23k, you could get more if you're willing to do a private sale on the 2019.

Also watch out for all the add-ons they'll try to sell you in the finance office.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You better be buying a 7p Touring AWD for 38k. I just purchased one at 38999 in the Midwest. They should be looking to move cars this week. I went in to pick up crush washers last weekend, and I didn't get 3 steps from my car before I had sales on my tail engaging with me about what I needed.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Talk to a few dealers, tell them what you want to do/ prices, etc.
If they won't do it, walk.
Is the '19 already paid off?- Nice.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
250 Posts
What kind of technology are you looking for? Are you wanting Apple CarPlay or Honda Sensing? I don't think the trade is worth it honestly. You can always get an aftermarket radio with some more creature comforts and save 10's of thousands of dollars by keeping what you have instead of trading it in. Just my .02...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts