Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed installation of the OEM backup sensors. The corner sensors do not seem to be working.

Testing as follows: Turn the key ON (position II) and place the car in reverse - I get the one long beep that says the sensors are powered. If I wave my hand over either of the corner sensors I get nothing - the center sensors both seem to work correctly.

Any suggestions?

JJ

·
Registered
84 Posts
I installed the back-up sensors also. The corner sensors do operate differently than the middle sensors. You have to be closer to them for them to beep. I'm sure you've tried that. The only other thing to check is your connections?? Sorry. Hope it gets worked out.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
If both of the corner sensors are faulty, you will hear a series of 4 intermittenct beeps. If this is not the case, I would check the Back-up sensors' 2-pin connectors to ensure that they didn't come loose during the install. I installed these myself a while back, and I remember that there wasn't much slack for the sensors when you plug them in...especially when you are plugging them in and replacing the bumper by yourself.

If this isn't the case, then there is probably a short in the wiring harness or control unit.

Hopefully you will just have to remove the bumper only again to check the wiring. Good Luck!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SteveLuman said:
If both of the corner sensors are faulty, you will hear a series of 4 intermittenct beeps. If this is not the case, I would check the Back-up sensors' 2-pin connectors to ensure that they didn't come loose during the install. I installed these myself a while back, and I remember that there wasn't much slack for the sensors when you plug them in...especially when you are plugging them in and replacing the bumper by yourself.

If this isn't the case, then there is probably a short in the wiring harness or control unit.

Hopefully you will just have to remove the bumper only again to check the wiring. Good Luck!
Thanks to both of you for your answers.

This was my bad.... :confused:

I checked it out again yesterday with my son and we find that everything in the car is working correctly - It's ME that is broken!! :eek:

Being one of the old guys I have a minor hearing defect (a leftover from Vietnam) and it turns out that I can't hear a thing at the frequency used by the corner sensors.

The backup sensor will work fine for the wife and since I normally back up using the rear view mirrors the corner sensors are not as important for me as they would be for her.

Thanks again.

JJ

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
raleighpilot said:

-snip-
Being one of the old guys I have a minor hearing defect (a leftover from Vietnam) and it turns out that I can't hear a thing at the frequency used by the corner sensors.
-more snip-
JJ
Huh????

(3 1/2 years on aircraft carriers during Vietnam and many years of riding motorcycles before I learned about wearing ear plugs)

:)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
colorider said:

Huh????

(3 1/2 years on aircraft carriers during Vietnam and many years of riding motorcycles before I learned about wearing ear plugs)

raleighpilot: Good to hear your mysterious dilemma with the backup sensors was finally solved!! :4: :17:

colorider: 3½ months into my marriage before I learned about wearing ear plugs... :eek: :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
colorider said:

Huh????

Unfortunately I did all my damage in about 10 minutes - I was a Navy Journalist and decided that I needed pictures of the big guns belching flame into the night - - God the stupid things we do when we're young....

JJ

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
raleighpilot said:

Unfortunately I did all my damage in about 10 minutes - I was a Navy Journalist and decided that I needed pictures of the big guns belching flame into the night - - God the stupid things we do when we're young....

JJ
I'm sure much of mine was caused by spending a lot of time on the "island" during launch and recovery and not wearing my Mickey Mouse ears at the time. Then I rode motorcycles for about 20 or so years before I realized that the ringing didn't go away anymore.

It AMAZES me how ignorant we can all be at times when it comes to our basic health and well being. :32:

·
Registered
84 Posts
colorider said:

I'm sure much of mine was caused by spending a lot of time on the "island" during launch and recovery and not wearing my Mickey Mouse ears at the time. Then I rode motorcycles for about 20 or so years before I realized that the ringing didn't go away anymore.

It AMAZES me how ignorant we can all be at times when it comes to our basic health and well being. :32:
The recoveries weren't so bad...it was the F-4 afterburner launches that tore up the inner ear parts so badly.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
vkarcher said:

The recoveries weren't so bad...it was the F-4 afterburner launches that tore up the inner ear parts so badly.
Ah yes - and nothing quite as errie a sound as the F4 Phantom.

You flew F8's? I was a black shoe, but loved to watch air ops. USS Midway and USS Ticonderoga!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts