Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help. Someone put 2 or 3 Drops of Krazy Glue on the paint. What can I use to remove this? I tried to clay it and I tried goo off; But it didn't come off. Can you suggest anything else to try? Will Nail polish remover damage the clear coat?

Thanks in advance,
John

·
Registered
602 Posts
Acetone should remove it, but I don't know what it will do to the clearcoat. Perhaps you could ask a body shop if acetone will hurt the finish.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Here's a description of acetone applications:

Acetone is useful to remove nail polish, thin certain coatings, remove and thin epoxies, glue, and fiberglass, and solvent extractions. Please note that Acetone is highly flammable and is not for use in the presence of open flames or sparks. Smoking during use is dangerous.
Since most automotive paints are lacquer based, there probably should not be a problem - but you might want to try rubbing some nail polish remover on an inconspicuous location (below the front bumper?) to see if any clearcoat gets removed.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
John K said:
I need your help. Someone put 2 or 3 Drops of Krazy Glue on the paint. What can I use to remove this? I tried to clay it and I tried goo off; But it didn't come off. Can you suggest anything else to try? Will Nail polish remover damage the clear coat?

Thanks in advance,
John
You can try using a razor blade to SLOWLY scrape it till it is just a thin coat over the paint. Then polishing compound.

I would bet that if you are careful you may be able to get most of it off without damaging the paint.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Re: Re: Help need to remove Krazy Glue

N_Jay said:
You can try using a razor blade to SLOWLY scrape it till it is just a thin coat over the paint. Then polishing compound.

That suggestion scares the hell out of me. A razor near paint? :runaway:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Help need to remove Krazy Glue

guitarman said:
Well, it is Halloween!:eek:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
John K said:
Someone put 2 or 3 Drops of Krazy Glue on the paint. John
Are you sure it's not tree sap? I had some on an old Ford once that looked & acted like glue. Nail polish remover got it off fine with no problems (just wash the solvent off quickly). But on that car, using a sledgehammer would have been an improvement.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah...I was wondering...how do you know it's crazy glue?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Help need to remove Krazy Glue

guitarman said:
I'm a clutz and can use razor to trim excess touch-up paint.

I figure the superglue drop has to be at least that thick.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AlH said:
Yeah...I was wondering...how do you know it's crazy glue?
Well I can see a figerprint in the glue. My guess is that someone decided to fix a nail on the hood of the pilot and must have squeezed the nail glue tube to hard.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to give them a shot to see what happens.

Thanks again,
John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts