Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to see pictures of Honda Pilot 2004 exl wiring please sending pics there is a small set of wires in front of the fuse box I want to know where it connects on the wire harness. Two rounds of eating 1 the accentuating for cruise control and the second I believe the charging harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Oh my, that dirty Rat. They will do some serious damage. I got this one on video, trapped him 2 hours later.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
If you can find a junk yard with your generation Pilot, I'd harvest the clip and as much wire that comes with it, soldier, heat shrink each wire and electrical tape entire bundle. Or you could try and piece each wire together with what you have there in the same method. Not much wire to work with by the clip. Option 1 would be my choice.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,276 Posts
Perhaps this can also help.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
And this. I had to optimize this PDF because the original size was too big for this site to accept the upload. Hope it's still readable.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
^^^^OK, the fonts are readable but the pictures are too highly compressed to see well, so I'm trying again, this time by splitting the PDF into three.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
520 Posts
I've got a squirrel living in my engine compartment. I've tried trapping it but he's too smart for my live trap. Is there a spray that people have had good luck with, that might keep squirrels and mice out, but not make the engine stink as things heat up?

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
I've got a squirrel living in my engine compartment. I've tried trapping it but he's too smart for my live trap. Is there a spray that people have had good luck with, that might keep squirrels and mice out, but not make the engine stink as things heat up?
Cayenne pepper? If they breathe it or lick it I know they won't be too happy. Nor will you.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
You could try this DIY recipe, but then when they get in the car and take a whiff, the kids might ask, "Dad, did you go to Taco Bell without us again?"

On the other hand, if it's hot enough it just might finish him off and then you can stuff Skippy on your mantlepiece.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,181 Posts
Oh my, that dirty Rat. They will do some serious damage. I got this one on video, trapped him 2 hours later. View attachment 135056
Ahhh, so cute!! Glad you got the little varmit. Its friend chewed through my knock sensor wire a few months back.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,181 Posts
If you can find a junk yard with your generation Pilot, I'd harvest the clip and as much wire that comes with it, soldier, heat shrink each wire and electrical tape entire bundle. Or you could try and piece each wire together with what you have there in the same method. Not much wire to work with by the clip. Option 1 would be my choice.
I concur, there isn’t sufficient wire left on the connector end to perform a decent long term solder job. You’re definitely better off if can find a sacrificial Pilot to pull that wire connector and associated wire from. You might also need the box cover since it looks like the connector’s mating retainer clip got chewed off as well.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Ahhh, so cute!! Glad you got the little varmit. Its friend chewed through my knock sensor wire a few months back.
Ya, I hated to do it but he was out of his element (no pun intended). It was clean and quick usine the large Victor Rat trap with peanut butter. No wires chewed on this vehicle, thankfully. He was actually quite large. The picture is zoomed in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^^OK, the fonts are readable but the pictures are too highly compressed to see well, so I'm trying again, this time by splitting the PDF into three.
Much thanks, I recently change the alternator and the battery is not charging. Not sure if the wires causing it or the alternator is bad about 2 months now. Don’t drive cause of corona beers

Attachments

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Much thanks, I recently change the alternator and the battery is not charging. Not sure if the wires causing it or the alternator is bad about 2 months now. Don’t drive cause of corona beers
Looks like they might have chewed on the lower power steering hose where it connects to the reservoir as well. Is the clamp missing?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got one or more in my garage... they haven’t done any real damage but I heard a paper crumpling sound when I started it up one day so I got to looking around. I decided maybe he had gotten to my cabin filter and since my herniated disc won’t allow me to change it, I took it to my dealer. Here’s the pic he took while in there o_O

Text Room Architecture Photography Stock photography

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My guess, does your wife feed the birds? And you are kind enough to provide the mouse with a house!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts