Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Honda pilot and I can't figure out what's going on. I changed out the nuetral safety sensor and the sensor in the steering column was replaced however, when I am driving it acts as if it's in nuetral and I have to put it in park and then turn my truck off then turn it back on. It will sometimes go and or it still acts like it's in nuetral. The code reader at the auto parts said it was the transmission going out on me but it also sounds like there is air coming from somewhere. I need help I had only had this truck for 5 months and I can't afford to fix it or have it towed from my job.

·
Administrator
15,511 Posts
So it drives good but then gets hung up in neutral?

Let's start with a transmission fluid refresh.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
793 Posts
Sounds to me like it doesn’t drive good. The transmission doesn’t seem to be engaging If it is driving like it’s in neutral.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used locus to thicken the fluid because it was low and the fluid had not been changed on time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, it was slipping while I was driving ot so I parked it and so I change the nuetral safety switch, but now it's doing the same thing again. I wonder if the new switch is bad. I will have to rescan with my reader and post it on a later date.

·
Registered
820 Posts
So it drives good but then gets hung up in neutral?

Let's start with a transmission fluid refresh.
Rocky is giving you good advice. Your Pilot needs clean transmission fluid. Do a drain and refill procedure, takes about 3 and 1/2 quarts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts