Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 EX-L. According to the service manual, there are 5 relays(one row of 3 and one row of 2) under the steering column and the front left one controls the fuel pump. My Pilot only has a row of 3 relays. I would guess the front relay controls the fuel pump. However, guessing has caused me problems in the past. Does anyone know which relay it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
If you can see the wire colors going into the relay socket you might be able to deduce which relay it is.

Otherwise you could pull the relay and test it with a 9v battery. If you have an ohmmeter that would be helpful for testing the relay resistance between pins 30 and 87 while it’s energized and deenergized.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally missed the wire ids on the diagram. Took another look and I do have two rows, but the the relays face the fire wall. From the back it look to me, at least, as one row. I bent the bracket to access the relays and realized there were two rows.

Do the relays just pull out or is there a tab to release them? I tried to pull it, but could not get it to come ut. Before I apply force, I just want to make sure there isn't a retaining mechanism.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
From my experience they're a little stiff if they've never been pulled, but there's no tab. Your trepidation is warranted, as I also was afraid to forcefully pull them out lest I damage something, but that's what I eventually did with no ill consequences. YMMV.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
It took pliers to remove a relay from my Tacoma . . . quite a bit of force is needed. If you use pliers just don’t apply so much force that the relay housing cracks.?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts