Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went out of the grocery, I found a ding on the passenger side door of my PILOT. It was the size of a dime. The car that cause the ding had left already and I have no one to blame. Does anybody know on how to fix this? I don't want to go to the body shop and be charge a couple of $100. I ask one of the body shop and he said the fix starts from $125 up. Need your advise. :3:
 

·
Admin Du Jour ®
Joined
·
989 Posts
That DingKing device has been thoroughly debunked. Don't bother.

Find a "paintless dent repair" place near you; all of them will come to your home/office. DentPro and DentWizard are the big ones out here on the West Coast. I've seen DentDoctor mentioned, too. I imagine they exist out your way, too.

Pricing depends on the size, number and location (number of panels) of the ding(s), and usually runs $75 for a single one then half as much for each additional. I've typically waited for two or three dingers before calling them, except in the cases where the ding makes me nuts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the DingKing yesterday and I will try it today. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for your advise.:27:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Please take before and after pictures, as well the process.

Good luck and may the force be with you!:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
rsalc2002 said:
I bought the DingKing yesterday and I will try it today. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for your advise.:27:
The Ding King will get the dent smaller but will not get the dent perfect, best of luck! I would like to see before and after pictures as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I can't wait to hear as I just got a ding on my wife's 2mos old Pilot. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
TheWorm said:
That DingKing device has been thoroughly debunked. Don't bother.

Find a "paintless dent repair" place near you; all of them will come to your home/office. DentPro and DentWizard are the big ones out here on the West Coast. I've seen DentDoctor mentioned, too. I imagine they exist out your way, too.

Pricing depends on the size, number and location (number of panels) of the ding(s), and usually runs $75 for a single one then half as much for each additional. I've typically waited for two or three dingers before calling them, except in the cases where the ding makes me nuts.
rsalc2000, without a doubt your best bet is to go ahead and take your car to DentWizard. I'm not sure if there's one closer to you in VA, but there is a DentWizard in Rockville I've dealt with three times and been extremely satisfied each time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Ziploc said:


rsalc2000, without a doubt your best bet is to go ahead and take your car to DentWizard. I'm not sure if there's one closer to you in VA, but there is a DentWizard in Rockville I've dealt with three times and been extremely satisfied each time.
How much did they charge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Woo Hoo!! I just realized that I'm a full fledged member now. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Mpressive said:
Woo Hoo!! I just realized that I'm a full fledged member now. :)
Congrats, I just received my 2nd star today, its time for a cold one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Ding king

So did the Ding King work?

I took my Pilot into the dealer and they use Dent Magic, a paintless dent/ding removal service. I figure if the dealer uses this type of repair, it must work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Re: Ding king

HondaFan said:
So did the Ding King work?

I took my Pilot into the dealer and they use Dent Magic, a paintless dent/ding removal service. I figure if the dealer uses this type of repair, it must work!
You did the right thing, the Ding King will not and does not work, the only way to get rid of the dent is to have a competent "dent guy" remove it for you, this will cost you a few more bucks but it is really the only way to get rid of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Mpressive said:


How much did they charge?
In my case, for a single "medium difficulty" ding, Dent Wizard charged about $75.

They will look at the ding and give you a price before they do the work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
kemosabe said:
Congratulations go out to Brigadier General Mpressive and Major General tonyrwc on their promotions!!! :D
Hey I wanted to be Brigadier General!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
kemosabe said:


No you don't! A Major General (two stars) outranks a Brigadier General (one star)!!! ;)
I knew that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Used Dents Express

One week after I picked up my new black pilot I got hailed on TWICE!

Went to Dents Express (paintless dent removal). Had about 30 dings removed, when they were done could not tell it was hailed on. fixed in one day. Except for the $900 cash spent, (Originaly wanted $1700, Talked down with cash) very happly with result.

Now I watch those weather reports like my life depened on it. Iwill get all dings fixed there. Remember cash is king.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Re: Used Dents Express

Inspector Pilot said:
One week after I picked up my new black pilot I got hailed on TWICE!

Went to Dents Express (paintless dent removal). Had about 30 dings removed, when they were done could not tell it was hailed on. fixed in one day. Except for the $900 cash spent, (Originaly wanted $1700, Talked down with cash) very happly with result.

Now I watch those weather reports like my life depened on it. Iwill get all dings fixed there. Remember cash is king.
As a "hail veteran" myself, I can tell you that if you had dealt with a conventional auto body shop, you would have had to pay AT LEAST twice as much, without as good a result.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top