Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This plastic elbow broke which is located near the top of the tailgate of my 2013 Pilot. It seems like it’s all one piece which I hope isn’t true. The line going in runs along the roof to the washer fluid pump. Having a hard time finding a replacement part. If it is one piece I figure I could cut some hose and connect the two pieces together. Any help appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is that where it comes out of the body, or where it goes into the hatch? If a the body, what does the end on the hatch look like? The grommet looks like item 7 in the first image. Hopefully, the broken piece is #23 in the second image. In your pictures, it looks like the elbow plugs into the end of a tube (item16?).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for your help. Here is another picture. It comes out of the body. It looks like #16, all one piece. The grommet is fine but the broken elbow looks to be molded to the end of the hose running along the roofline, yikes. Looks like I'll cut the broken end off and join the tubing. I'll update on this.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
It appears that your missing the plastic clip that holds that in place. Will look for it.

Reactions: UPSPilot

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears that your missing the plastic clip that holds that in place. Will look for it.
Thank you. I do have the plastic clip. I just removed it thinking I could remove the 90 degree elbow too.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
The elbow and the tubing to other elbow at the end that connects to the pump is all one piece.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The elbow and the tubing to other elbow at the end that connects to the pump is all one piece.
That’s unfortunate. I decided to cut the plastic elbow and attach a piece of washer hose I had in my tool drawer. Works perfectly now. I’ll post pics shortly. Thank you again for your input.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Need to correct myself. The elbow in your picture is one piece with hose until it gets past the passenger side fender where there is another connection.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
That’s unfortunate. I decided to cut the plastic elbow and attach a piece of washer hose I had in my tool drawer. Works perfectly now. I’ll post pics shortly. Thank you again for your input.
Yes, your fix is a better solution. Than trying to fish new hose.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Fixed.
Cut the elbow off
Attached a piece of washer tubing I had and zip tied to end with the grommet.
Cut tubing to length
Attached other end (tailgate) that had a clip. Could add another zip to for good measure but it was very snug since the connecting end is tapered/sunk.

Everything works now. Thanks all!😎

Attachments

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Fixed.
Cut the elbow off
Attached a piece of washer tubing I had and zip tied to end with the grommet.
Cut tubing to length
Attached other end (tailgate) that had a clip

Everything works now. Thanks all!😎
Thanks for the photos...,
But But it's not OEM!
Lol 😁
Nice fix!

Reactions: PHM and UPSPilot

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I'll suspect without actual knowledge that there's a check-valve (non-return) in that fitting, so the line stays full between uses. SWAG, based on some experience with other cars and similar set-ups.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
I'll suspect without actual knowledge that there's a check-valve (non-return) in that fitting, so the line stays full between uses. SWAG, based on some experience with other cars and similar set-ups.
Might be in what this plugs into?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts