Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out which bulbs go where on my 2007 Pilot headlamp.

4 - High beam (9005)
7 - Low beam (H11)
9 - Turn Signal (Bulb, Turn (12V 21W) (Amber) (Stanley) - Honda (33301-SZ3-003)
A - Day Time Running light (Bulb 2825)
B - Sidemarker (Bulb 2825)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'm trying to figure out which bulbs go where on my 2007 Pilot headlamp.

4 - High beam (9005)
7 - Low beam (H11)
9 - Turn Signal (Bulb, Turn (12V 21W) (Amber) (Stanley) - Honda (33301-SZ3-003)
?A - Parking Light? (Bulb?)
?B - Turn Signal? (Bulb?

View attachment 145164
Any value in turning each on and then going out front and seeing which bulb is lit? Or easier yet, park in front of a reflective surface like a storefront window and watch from the driver's seat?

Maybe this will help?
2007 Honda Pilot 5 Door EX (2WD) KA 5AT Headlight (hondapartsnow.com)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Glad to hear you figured it out. If it were me I'd have taken it back to the body shop and had them put it back together correctly. Hopefully they did a better job on the other body work. Were both headlight assemblies damaged?

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
The post is recent. The job was 7 years ago. You're confused, I understand. You're entitled to some senior moments.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
Spoken Posted like a true expert.
What was that about again? Seems to have slipped my mind. Well, you know what they say: If you can't remember, it must not have been... something or other...it's on the tip of my tongue... it'll come back to me...oh well, you know what I mean...now, where did I put my keys... kids today...

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L, 2016 Accord EX 6MT
28 Posts
Just adding this to avoid any confusion, bulb A is not a daytime running light as US models are not equipped with DRLs. I believe Honda calls it a front position light as that's the only thing in the OM that makes sense and it's the same bulb type as the side position indicator. This light only comes on when using parking lights or headlights but is otherwise not on when the vehicle is running.

It looks like Canadian and possibly other markets have DRLs where required but they use the high beam lamps at a depowered setting similar to most older Hondas. ex:

Car Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Wheel Tire

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
That explains why my made-for-Canada 2006 lost the ability to DRL when I put in high beam LEDs, whereas I don't see the same problem reported on made-for-USA Pilots of that generation. Mystery solved.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L, 2016 Accord EX 6MT
28 Posts
That explains why my made-for-Canada 2006 lost the ability to DRL when I put in high beam LEDs, whereas I don't see the same problem reported on made-for-USA Pilots of that generation. Mystery solved.

And here I thought I was just a loser reporting on an old thread for no reason....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts