Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week, 600 miles, and a noise! Everytime I depress the brake pedal I hear a whoosh of air. It comes from the pedal itself, not the actual wheel parts. I generally have a cd in or the radio on so maybe this is the first time I've heard the noise....but I'm afraid that is wishful thinking. What's wrong with my shiney new car??:( :(

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
If your brakes are working (i.e., stopping) normally, then there may be nothing wrong. If you have abnormal stopping, then get it looked at ASAP.

I can't remember hearing this sound on the Pilot, but I've noticed something similar on other vehicles. I'll have to pay attention on the next trip

·
Registered
164 Posts
Could it possibly be the tranny down shifting increasing the alternator and speeding up the HVAC fan motor???

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That second thread explains it perfectly....sounds like someone is breathing on my foot! It doesn't sound "wrong," or problematic....just like air whooshing. The brakes work fine. My husband didn't think it sounded odd at all.....does no one else hear it? It isn't the transmission shifting because at a complete stop if I pump the brake to make my husband hear it, it happens over and over with each push, even without actually stopping.

So, is the concensus that I'm just a little tiny bit nuts, or should I be worried about my shiny new Pilot and get her medical attention asap?:confused:

·
Registered
286 Posts
So, is the concensus that I'm just a little tiny bit nuts?
No ma'am you are totally whacked..lol no just kidding. If it were me and I didn't understand what I was hearing, I'd be taking my salesman for a ride!! Let him explain what it is!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts