Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2014 Pilot just last Friday that had roughly 150k miles. I’ve driven it approximately 400 miles and today on a return trip, the VTM-4 light, traction light and check engine light came on. Once I got home I brought it to the local OReilly’s and had the code read. The guy told me I have misfires on the 1-2-4-6 cylinders. He said those were the only codes. I’m a little sick about this. Can anyone shed some light on what this is? The O’Reilly guy suggested I get it checked out ASAP. It was running a little rough on idol, as well as at highway speed you could feel it wasn’t smooth. Any help would really be appreciated. I haven’t contacted the dealer yet, as they are currently closed, but I’m guessing there are no warranties. Again, if anyone has any insight, I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
First thing I would do is pull your spark plugs they could be fouled due to vcm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check the spark plugs then coils. If that doesn’t solve the problem you might need a valve adjustment. The valve adjustment fixed my multiple misfires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts