Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Honda Pilot EXL lost some traction in the rain, fishtailed and I hit a light on my drivers side in the fender area. Attached is a picture of the damage. Wheel well is screwed up and makes an awful noise against the tire when turning right. Please help with an estimate or what my best option is. I have no mechanical knowledge & love this car

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
I'd go to www.car-part.com
White bumper cover and white left fender and possibly a wheel well cover.
Maybe around $500 to DIY. Easy job.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could I just refer back to here to figure out how to DIY? Definitely am not familiar with bodywork, but would love to not spend my entire stimulus check on the repair lol

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
If you need to daily drive the car, I would not recommend DIY. You don't know what is underneath the fender and there could be more damage than you can truly see.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Could I just refer back to here to figure out how to DIY? Definitely am not familiar with bodywork, but would love to not spend my entire stimulus check on the repair lol
Basically you are removing and replacing, not doing body work. The bumper cover will have a few bolts and plastic fasteners, but mostly clipped into place.

I purchased a pre-painted fender from Revemoto for '12 CRV that was an excellent match. I cant tell if the bumper cover is salvageable or not.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Just what I see, if no damage to the suspension, the fender is bolted on, the bumper is held on by clips maybe a screw or 2 around the fender. Simply buy used painted fender and bumper. Take your time. Take photos to help remember how things go back together.

Reactions: fivermillions

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check around for a local shop that might take cash for a repair. my 2009 Pilot had dented up fenders from a few parking lot incidents at the kids school.
$600 per fender , new parts and painted. Might be worth reaching out , some shops love cash$$$

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Too bad about your accident. If that was my Pilot I’d try to repair that bumper as most of it is undamaged. But the body shop will be your best bet if you do not have the skills, time or tools. Guess the check came just in time.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
The hood looks fine. Me personally, I'd jump in head first. I'd reshape the fender well liner and secure it so the vehicle can be driven while I work on getting the matching body parts I need. You will need to buy some of the push clips because many will likely break when removing them. But if you feel squeamish and you dont think it's for you, I'd completely understand. It does require the ability to use a 10mm wrench, ratchet, extension with a 10mm socket, screwdriver, roll around on the floor. Manipulating the fender to align it with the hood requires a good eye.

Reactions: Nathatt and aggrex

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
If you get a used bumper cover, make sure the tabs are not broke/torn out. These tabs secure to the fender, under the headlights and grille.
You may also want to view a few YouTube videos on bumper and fender replacement.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,046 Posts
Three days tops for a body shop to do the work, while you drive a rental or make do without it.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Three days tops for a body shop to do the work, while you drive a rental or make do without it.
If I had full coverage insurance.
OP?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
Don't forget to add $800 to $1200 for new tires. Those look shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Definitely tires were balding and needed some new ones. All good advice. I’m just hoping repairs and stuff will be sub 2,000. All helpful tips guys. Here’s the inside of the hood

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Agreed!....The worn tires better are clearer in this pic. @nossi ... driving with worn tires probably contributed to the loss in traction in rain and fishtail before hitting a light.
View attachment 146799
Looks like the wheel well liner is chewed on pretty good too.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Nevermind, I hope no one was injured.

Reactions: Nail Grease
1 - 20 of 32 Posts