Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antifreeze leaking inside in the truck on the passenger side and the wheel squeals when you make a turn even though power steering fluid have been added. Just bought the car from someone i need help this mechanic seems like he’s lost as to what’s going on. He said it was old antifreeze but every time i come back to the car it’s there again. And the wheel sounds like it’s going to break its not hard to turn but its sounds horrible when you turn it like he could be rusted underneath

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
94 Posts
Antifreeze leaking inside in the truck on the passenger side and the wheel squeals when you make a turn even though power steering fluid have been added. Just bought the car from someone i need help this mechanic seems like he’s lost as to what’s going on. He said it was old antifreeze but every time i come back to the car it’s there again. And the wheel sounds like it’s going to break its not hard to turn but its sounds horrible when you turn it like he could be rusted underneath
It might be the the heater core if it’s coming inside the passenger side compartment or the hoses leading to the heater core as far as clunking noise in turns it might be a bad drive axle or tie inner tie rod in which case jack up car get a buddy to move the wheel side to side while your under there and watch for any looseness while he is moving it check the rubber boot to see if it broken and all the grease fell out check the racket pinion for leaks as well it might be the cause of the inner tie rod clunking in turns if leaking from seals you must replace rack and pinion and you might as well as put new inner and outer tie rods on both sides

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Heater core failure is the only reason I can think of that would cause coolant to be in the floor.

Are there any air bubbles in the power steering fluid. Is there any signs of power steering fluid bubbling out of the reservoir after filling?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heater core failure is the only reason I can think of that would cause coolant to be in the floor.

Are there any air bubbles in the power steering fluid. Is there any signs of power steering fluid bubbling out of the reservoir after filling?

That’s what I’ve been told. I’m going to take it to another mechanic. Because that’s what i been telling this one. He said the antifreeze he put in is blue the one on the floor is green so it’s kinda got him puzzled. Plus it’s not wet at the top of the floor but towards the middle and going towards the back. i will check on the power steering fluid I’m about to go out to the car now

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
Does the power steering problem sound something like this? If so, it could as easy (and inexpensive) as replacing that o-ring.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
What does the fluid inside the vehicle smell like? If it’s sweet smelling then likely it’s coolant.
The mechanic may have added (topped off radiator??) with blue coolant, but what was already in there could have been green.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
And welcome to the forum.

Reactions: The Todd
1 - 8 of 8 Posts