Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I finally got a price that I can live with on a new EX - $27,200 with no forced options! However, I have to decide tonight on the color. The two available are Nighthawk Black Pearl and Sage Brush Pearl. Both have their positives ... and negatives. Black is cool but always looks dirty. Sagebrush hides the dirt but will it look good for 10 years?

Anyway, welcome your input and suggestions. Thanks...

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think both colors will stand the test of time as far as fashion goes. Those two colors haven't gone out of style yet! Black will be harder to take care of but a freshly polished black vehicle is a thing of beauty! :cool: Black might be a little hotter inside with the darker interior. I chose the Sagebrush but don't let me influence you. :D My motto has been "Black always looks better on someone elses' car."
I think you will have to decide for yourself on this one, it is to much of personal preference. Good luck and welcome to the clan!

Matt:2: :2:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ex007 said:
Okay, I finally got a price that I can live with on a new EX - $27,200 with no forced options! However, I have to decide tonight on the color. The two available are Nighthawk Black Pearl and Sage Brush Pearl. Both have their positives ... and negatives. Black is cool but always looks dirty. Sagebrush hides the dirt but will it look good for 10 years?

Anyway, welcome your input and suggestions. Thanks...
Sagebrush does NOT hide the dirt. It's almost as bad as black. So if that's your deciding factor, chose the color you really like better. I saw my first NBP last night. Super sharp I must say!
Good luck - Can't wait to hear what color you pick! :2:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I agree, SBP does not hide the dirt - in fact, it showcases the dirt very well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would go with Sagebrush Pearl, I don't really like black cars (hot in AZ and a bit sinister (reminds me of New Jersey mafiosos)). But what do I know? I went with Evergreen Pearl! :2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input, especially about Sage Brush not hiding dirt, which was the deciding factor. The Pilot is for the wife and she wanted black initially but was concerned about dirt. Since Sage Brush won't hide dirt, we are going with her original choice of black. Now I just have to hope that I don't regret waiting for an 04...

·
Registered
411 Posts
ex007 said:
Thanks for your input, especially about Sage Brush not hiding dirt, which was the deciding factor. The Pilot is for the wife and she wanted black initially but was concerned about dirt. Since Sage Brush won't hide dirt, we are going with her original choice of black. Now I just have to hope that I don't regret waiting for an 04...

I'm trying to decide between those two colors, also. Let me know how you like the black!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ex007 said:
What's to regret? Hang around here... the time will fly by! :D

·
Registered
449 Posts
I got the Black. It is really cool looking in the sun. It has a very subtle dark blue metallic flake that really adds an interesting quality to the black color.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bigrob said:
are you saying you are getting an '04? or that you hope you don't regret not waiting for an '04?
I'm saying that I hope I don't regret NOT waiting for an 04. If Honda follows the MDX lead, the semi-major changes shouldn't happen until 05 so it should not be a big deal. I just like the Midnight Blue color and would like to have it but NBP will have to do.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
the inner color might help you decide...grey or saddle??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ramirami said:
the inner color might help you decide...grey or saddle??
Agree. Which is why the wife wants NBP. The Sage Brush actually has a "fern" interior. :rolleyes: I would prefer it if the NBP had a black interior but will we manage with the silver.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ex007 said:

Agree. Which is why the wife wants NBP. The Sage Brush actually has a "fern" interior. :rolleyes: I would prefer it if the NBP had a black interior but will we manage with the silver.
"Fern" is actually a light gray. No green as name would indicate.
Actually I think the entire Honda Sagebrush Mfg Team was color blind when they chose the color names for exterior and interior.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sage said:

Actually I think the entire Honda Sagebrush Mfg Team was color blind when they chose the color names for exterior and interior.
Don't tell me that! Now, I may want Sage Brush... It would help if I could actually see the car before we bought it but there are not Sages around to look at. Oh well, at least we got a good price...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ex007 said:

Don't tell me that! Now, I may want Sage Brush... It would help if I could actually see the car before we bought it but there are not Sages around to look at. Oh well, at least we got a good price...
You can't go wrong with either! Keep us posted! :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sage said:

Not true in the cloth Sage, the Cloth seats in the Ex definitely have a light greenish blue tint to them,which I personally think looks great!
I love my SageBrush but if I hadn't just come out of a Black AccordEXL, I would have seriously considered the black, esp.since I wouldn't have had to wait as long.:rolleyes:
But I am glad that i hung in there because when the
Sage is shined up it looks great!!!!
:cool:

:2: :2:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Don't choose black!

Don't do it! I don't want anymore people out there to see another great-looking NBP Pilot. I want to remain one of the FEW.

;) :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
We got our NBP last Saturday and I don't even have time to write on this board...just driving :) Go with black...(my choice..don't need justification :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
pre-sage pilot said:

[snipped]

But I am glad that i hung in there because when the
Sage is shined up it looks great!!!!
:cool:

:2: :2:

I agree, when washed and shined, SBP rocks

:2: :2: :2:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts