Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local stereo shop told me that if I get an amplifier for my Pilot with RES system, I would need to get 2 line converters. Is this true?

I'm thinking of adding the Infinity 6002i speakers (front and back) plus the Alpine MRV-F340 amp (maybe under 2nd or 3rd row seats).

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ferdball said:
What exactly does a line converter do?
It converts pre amp inputs on an amp to line level so you can hook your existing sterep speaker outputs to it and then power your new speakers from that.

I recommend upgrading just your speakers first and see if you can live with it. Adding an add'l amp may add more noise than anything else. At least get a second opinion.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The opinions I've gotten so far on my thread about speaker choices is to get an amp first then upgrade the speakers. I'm planning on doing both at the same time.

I'm getting 4 Infinity 6002i speakers and the Alpine F340 amp.

·
Registered
152 Posts
gksmith,

I just checked the Alpine web site and the F340 has speaker-level inputs in addition to the line-level inputs. So you don't need converters. :)

I was also looking at that amp with Infinity Kappa speakers, but it looks like I'll have to cut some metal and plastic to get the Kappas to fit. I had Kappas and a 50W x 4 Kenwood amp in my Accord and they sounded great!

MarkB

·
Registered
486 Posts
Let us know how the results are. Sounds great. (no pun):rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts