Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone here share the best performance upgrade for a 2011 Honda Pilot? I am planning to modify it but I don't know where to start.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Honda Pilots are not know as performance vehicles, What are you shooting for, some off-roading, making it sound like a muscle car? Before you go modifying it figure out exactly what you are wanting to do with and too it.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Disable the VCM.
This way your engine runs on all 6 cylinders 100% of the time.

·
Read Only
187 Posts
You have the J35Z engine but I thing the scenario is the same as this guy says.
Honda J35A engine tuning
It will cost you a lot to build a really fast Honda J35A, and it will be cheaper to buy a faster used BMW M5 (or something else).
Nevertheless, to add some power, you may buy a cold air intake system, a J37A intake manifold, a J37A throttle body, Bisimoto cams, valve springs and retainers, performance headers and a 3 inch aftermarket exhaust system. Performance may be improved by head porting.
Instead of your heads, you can use J32A2 heads, J32A2 pistons, and a J32A2 intake and exhaust system. In this case, only a short block will remain of your J35.
All these performance parts will increase power to 320-330 HP at the flywheel.
You can just buy a supercharger kit, install it directly on the stock internals, and get the same amount of power.
Building turbo projects for obtaining 400++ HP does not make sense, it is too long and expensive.

This guy did put in the turbo's plus Nitrous Kit.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
Welcome to the forum. For a nine year old Pilot the best performance upgrade is to verify the timing belt has been replaced. Otherwise you may end up with a non functioning engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts