Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Wow, with affidavits notarized in Wisconsin. If that doesn't say legit, I don't know what does. :)

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm taggin this on this thread.

I've been driving out 08 SE FWD now, still has VCM, etc.
Still running well.

My wife had the day off, I took the 15 LX 4WD to work today. Wow this thing is smooth!
Still has VCM working, etc.

LIke on the 08, and today the 15, I really tried to 'feel' or see a difference when it warmed up, and the ECO light would go on and off. Because I now know many have problems because of this system, I was/am really trying to have a reason to disable it.
So far, no go.

Maybe this winter I'll take the plugs out of both and see if there is any real difference in the front and back cylinders- then maybe I'll disable it too.

Reactions: cintocrunch

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Came back here and read thru again, just to make sure I had in fact already done 3 x d&f's on the 08 recently. Turns out I had. I think I'll do one more soon too, with the next oil/filter change.

After having my arm twisted, I'm going to try the SVCM product on both the 08 and 15 soon too.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
OK,
After Bottling my latest homebrew- Chocolate Milk Stout-

I waited till the wife got home w/ the 15 Pilot.

I installed the SVCM- it was easy, using the one for the Gen 2.
I also did my 2nd d&f w/ VL ML. It came out bright red!
I also found a SuperTech Full Syn gear oil in 75w90. So I drained the 75W140 out and put that in the transfer case. Came out clear.
Took it for a 'test drive' - The ECO light never came on!

Now that I'm using the 08 as a daily, (which is much smoother than my Dodge Truck), when I get in the 15, it's quieter, smoother, steering just a little tighter, brakes a little tighter, etc. Really nice. It's nice to have bought a used vehicle, that's still like new. Now has 65,400 miles.

I also did my 4th d&f VL ML w/in the last few months on the 08 FWD. Came out dusky red.
I was going to bleed the rear brakes today too. (changed the fronts and bleed a few months ago).
With the SE mag wheels on, the bleeder is so close to the inside of the rim!
I said, you know, it still stops real well- and veto'd that one.
The SVCM (correct plugs) will be here in a week or so. Looking forward to see/feel the differences.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Update on the 08 SE!

I posted a thread about some interior cosmetic fixes, and
adding a REAL, Full size Matching Mag wheel for the spare too!
I also changed out my broken air intake snorkel- Mucho quieter.
Loving the SVCM!

I had increased the tire pressures over the winter, and now that's it Spring, the pressures went way up!
These General Grabbers HTS60's- don't really loose any air over the months- of course while taking those high speed hwy corners too!

a week or so ago- I checked them and they were up to about 44#'s!
I dropped them to about 38#'s.
I can really feel the difference. Bumps are smother- they really never had any road noise.

At 192K miles- It's running so smooth again! Original suspension! - except the brake pads.

I Hope you're enjoying things!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts