Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm looking forward to getting some great ideas and help from this site!

A little about me, I've been working in the rental car industry for just over 7 years (just got laid off due to the recent situation) I had purchased a 2003 Pilot back in 2013. After I got a company car I sold my Pilot to my parents who have had it since then, but I will now be getting it back from them in the next few weeks. This will be a very practical vehicle for my wife and I, our 2 year old and new baby on the way. We enjoy trips to the lake, paddle boarding, biking, and fishing. We also take a yearly trip up the coast to Maine and visiting family in NY on the way.

I have a short list of upgrades I'll be looking to do as soon as I get it back after getting spoiled with brand new vehicles for the last 5 years:
-New radio with Apple Carplay
-Rear Backup Camera
-Some aesthetic modifications including tinted tail lights, paint all exterior plastic grey trim pieces black, paint OEM wheels black
-Upgrade existing foglights to LED
-Bull bar

Thanks in advance for all the help!

edited 5/10 - wrong year, I thought it was a 2004 but it is actually a 2003.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Welcome @Bass4Life333 ...the color looks great and seems the parents took care of the Pilot. Nice list of mods to bring that Pilot up to speed. Post up your maintenance plans or what has been done for some Piloteer fine tuning

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,848 Posts
Good for you. Come in, grab a cup of coffee and stick around and chat a while. Well that is when you're not enjoying your new ride. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys! My parents had just taken it in to the shop to get new tires on it (I just requested some basic All Terrains) while it was there they asked the shop to do a thorough inspection to find if there was anything that needed to be addressed immediately. They did not find anything major, just a few things to keep an eye on: steering rack has a slight leak, passenger front axle has a slight leak at the boot, and the rotors have some surface rust on them, but that should clear up as we drive it down to NC. We also have an issue with water getting into the front floorboards but I actually found a thread on these forums that gave me a few things to check to resolve that issue.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you’ve got yourself a well cared for Pilot.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Welcome. Another reason to do something nice for your parents on Mother's Day this weekend and Father's Day next month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
-New radio with Apple CarPlay -DONE
-Rear Backup Camera
-Some aesthetic modifications including tinted tail lights, paint all exterior plastic grey trim pieces black, paint OEM wheels black
-Upgrade existing foglights to LED -DONE
-Bull bar -DONE
It's been a busy week with family visiting and I got some time away to work on the Pilot.
So far I've been able to:
-Swap all interior lights to LED
-Install new radio with CarPlay
-Flush mounted the usb port and bluetooth microphone to the dash panel
-Installed Bull bar and LED light bar (still need to run wires thru the firewall to finish hooking it up)
-Installed roof basket

Over the next few months I will be:
-Mounting a toolbox to the roof basket for all my emergency roadside equipment, straps, cargo netting, etc. (this will be locked since it is accessible from the outside)
-Painting plastic panels with black plastidip to get rid of the faded grey look
-Painting wheels black - waiting for my father-in-law to bring down his 3 ton jack
-Attempting to recover the headlight lenses (they may be beyond recovery at this point, completely yellowed and fogged over)
-Choosing and installing a reverse camera
-Possibly installing my father-in-law's old CB radio for long trips back up to NY/Maine
-Looking into a dashcam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts