Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Belated hello from Hawaii, and a big thanks to the Forum for sharing the wealth of knowledge!

I had joined in 2012, right after we purchased a used 2011 Pilot.
Things got busy, and ever the procrastinator, I find myself introducing our Pilot 8 years later.

It came in a tropics friendly taffeta white, and the EX trim.
Bought her with 24k miles on the clock from a dealer, now 50k. Driven mostly to work and to the beach.
In our family she is called the Behemoth, or the Behem for short. The biblical monster of the land.
It barely fits into our garage.

With the help of the forum, I had installed the VCM muzzler in 2017.
Tend to run Mobil-1 and Wix. Did the transmisson drain and fill using Valvoline MaxLife twice so far.
When the throttle positioning sensor died, bought the part from Majestic.
I had a mechanic replace the timing belt and water pump recently. Might have been a bit early,
but I didn't feel comfortable going much over 9 years on the original.
Right now in the process of installing the backup camera.

Plan on keeping the Behem until she dies, whenever that is.
It does everything we need well, and so far proved to be fairly trouble free.
And I like the utilitarian boxy look.

Cheers!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
And here is the most demanding passenger - Bentley the bulldog. At the level of the second seat row is his bed.
Bentley travels in style!

Registered
Welcome @Snailster ....better late than never is what I tell others. '04 Pilot original owner who joins in '20. Posted a few times @hondasuv.com back in the day while rocking both the '04 Pilot and '05 CRV.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Dalton! Who knew fluent Hawaiian was spoken in Kansas? :p
In the other thread, I saw your Passport with a paddle board on the roof. Where do you paddle in your area? Or was the photo taken elsewhere?

Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
The vehicle I posted is a Pilot with a surf board on top to demonstrate to the op how such can be carried.

My vehicle is a Passport and the one in my avatar has a safari rack on top.

Registered
Welcome! You live the vacation dream most of us want!

Registered
Hello Dalton! Who knew fluent Hawaiian was spoken in Kansas? :p
In the other thread, I saw your Passport with a paddle board on the roof. Where do you paddle in your area? Or was the photo taken elsewhere?
Aloha Kakahiaka. He kumu kula maika驶i au, 驶o kona inoa 驶o Ms Google. 馃槅

What can I say Brah? 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Cinto, and good morning Dalton! Yes, it's a vacation weather and vacation prices all year round! You gain some, you lose some. Great overall, though.

Registered
2005 Pilot LX
Welcome to the forum.

I can鈥檛 believe you used MaxLife.馃榿 Just kidding. I鈥檓 sure this will start a debate.馃ぃ

Registered
Welcome to the forum.

I can鈥檛 believe you used MaxLife.馃榿 Just kidding. I鈥檓 sure this will start a debate.馃ぃ
Lot's not get too excited just yet, the OP may use MaxLife, BUT...................Does the OP have the required shop rag to go with it????? That is the true test you know. 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Dalton brings up a good point: good quality rag. Gotta have one.
Living on a small island, recycling is a must. Enter this handy face mask/utility rag.
Added bonus: the "ATF stripe" helps to maintain the much needed social distance
(hope this won's start a heated debate re: Hanes vs. Fruit Of The Loom vs. Calvin Klein; in addition to the ATF preferences):

1 - 20 of 21 Posts