Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Hello everyone

4K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  jimmaki 
#1 ·
I am the proud owner of a 2008 honda pilot I really have had a few cars and trucks but this one is very special, I try to keep it as good as possible and there is only one thing that is ugly is the emblem on the steering wheel, it is peeled orible Can someone recommend what to do? thanks

#2 ·
¡Bienvenido!

One thing you probably want to avoid is removing your steering wheel emblem and replacing it, since it's near the airbag and anchored in pretty thoroughly. Best is carefully repainting it with touch-up paint.

#3 ·
I had the same problem and got a new emblem that sticks on over the existing one. It's made of plastic and comes with the double sticky tape already mounted on it. Clean the existing emblem really well with alcohol and then press the new one on. The "decal" as it's called is thin but durable, and you can't tell it's not original.

There's no tell tale edge around it, looks like it is inset into the vinyl covering of the wheel, not sitting on top of it. I'll include a video of my installation from all angles so you can see how nice and flush it fits. Looks just as good as the OEM one. I'll also include a link where you can get one. They're $20.

I don't sell them and I'm not affiliated with the seller and don't get a commission. They make two sizes so measure yours. My 2012 Pilot took the 40mm x 50mm one.

Honda Logo Steering Wheel Sticker Decal For Civic Accord CRV HRV etc — Natalex Auto

#5 ·
I had the same problem and got a new emblem that sticks on over the existing one. It's made of plastic and comes with the double sticky tape already mounted on it. Clean the existing emblem really well with alcohol and then press the new one on. The "decal" as it's called is thin but durable, and you can't tell it's not original.

There's no tell tale edge around it, looks like it is inset into the vinyl covering of the wheel, not sitting on top of it. I'll include a video of my installation from all angles so you can see how nice and flush it fits. Looks just as good as the OEM one. I'll also include a link where you can get one. They're $20.

I don't sell them and I'm not affiliated with the seller and don't get a commission. They make two sizes so measure yours. My 2012 Pilot took the 40mm x 50mm one.

Honda Logo Steering Wheel Sticker Decal For Civic Accord CRV HRV etc — Natalex Auto
Oooo, so nice. Me want.

My 2012 Pilot took the 40mm x 50mm one.
But how are you measuring it? Just the "H" or the whole frame?

On my 2006, just the "H" itself is about 40 mm x 50 mm, but the entire frame is more like 60 mm x 50 mm.

Anybody with a 2006-2008, can you measure it?

Actually, also thinking of you, @The Todd, or anyone else who has a first gen and a second or third gen, do they measure the same?

#6 ·
Oooo, so nice. Me want. View attachment 144078

But how are you measuring it? Just the "H" or the whole frame?

On my 2006, just the "H" itself is about 40 mm x 50 mm, but the entire frame is more like 60 mm x 50 mm.

Anybody with a 2006-2008, can you measure it?

Actually, also thinking of you, @The Todd, or anyone else who has a first gen and a second or third gen, do they measure the same?
The whole frame.

#4 ·
If you disconnect the battery and remove the airbag can't you remove the emblem safely?
Mine is pretty worn but it doesn't bother me enough to take much action to fix it.
You can't buy a replacement emblem anywhere and I think the red ones that a few people have bought looks like crap.

#8 ·
If you disconnect the battery and remove the airbag can't you remove the emblem safely?
Mine is pretty worn but it doesn't bother me enough to take much action to fix it.
You can't buy a replacement emblem anywhere and I think the red ones that a few people have bought looks like crap.
We are talking about a safety device that is meant to save a person's life in the event of an accident. To tamper with such a device would be unwise. The cover is not removable, it is what houses the airbag. Others have mutilated the cover to extract the emblem, then gluing in a new one. In doing so, they likely have left small bits of plastic that could be like shrapnel if the bag is deployed. A good way to loose an eye.

I just don't believe it's a good idea to stick an new emblem on top of the old. Again, it's an explosive device.

#7 ·
Weird, I measured mine twice and the entire frame is more like 60 mm x 50 mm.

I'm not really finding some in that size. I could be measuring wrong, though.

I did find these, and a common size is 40 mm x 50 or 49 mm...

US $1.87 53% OFF|High quality Car Steering Wheel Badge Emblem Sticker Decals Car Styling Auto Accessories For Honda H Logo 3D Red Silver Black|Emblems| - AliExpress

US $1.84 54% OFF|High Quality Acrylic Black Silver Red H Logo Steering Wheel Badge Sticker Emblem Decals For Honda Car Styling Auto Accessories|Emblems| - AliExpress

US $1.87 53% OFF|High Quality Acrylic Red Silver Black 3D H Logo Auto Steering Wheel Badge Emblem Sticker Decal Car Styling Accessories For Honda|Emblems| - AliExpress

US $2.99 21% OFF|1pcs H logo 3D car Steering Wheel Badge Emblem steer wheel sticker Car Styling Auto accessories|Car Stickers| - AliExpress

US $4.49 10% OFF|1pcs 3D H logo car Steering Wheel Badge Emblem steer wheel sticker Car Styling Auto accessories|Car Stickers| - AliExpress

US $1.38 53% OFF|High Quality ABS Acrylic Red Silver Black 3D H Logo Car Steering Wheel Badge Emblem Decal Sticker Styling Accessories For Honda|Emblems| - AliExpress

Noticed they usually can't show the actual logo for aftermarket ones, presumably because that's what it is, a trademark.

US $11.04 15% OFF|53mm 50mm Steering Wheel Center Emblem For Honda Logo Sticker Civic Accord CRV HRV Fit Jazz City Odyssey Jade Vezel NSX|Emblems| - AliExpress

That last one looks familiar. I guess your installation process looked like this:

#11 ·
I guess if no 1st generation owners, especially 2006-2008 owners just in case it changed with the refresh, post your steering wheel emblem measurements, I'll have to spend the money to find out for myself. :(

#13 ·
I measured it twice and the entire frame is more like 60 mm x 50 mm.

I must be doing something wrong because I can't find any that size for sale. Instead of with a measuring tape from Ikea, maybe I'll try again with a ruler, as you suggest. I've certainly bought my fair share of those over the years, since at the beginning of the school year my kids' teachers always seemed to specify a new one with ever so slightly different features.

But it's -16 C right now, so I may justifiably procrastinate a tad, hence my shoutout to those in more temperate climes.

#14 ·
Weather be damned, I went out with a ruler this time and took some pictures.

#15 ·
Weather be damned, I went out with a ruler this time and took some pictures.

View attachment 144254

View attachment 144255

View attachment 144256

View attachment 144257
-16 C? Have you learned nothing during your time here? Measuring the emblem at that temperature is folly. Do you have any idea how much rulers shrink at that temperature? Huh? Jeesh. ALWAYS measure things 60-90 seconds after shutdown with everything at normal operating temperature. Really? -16 C ... that's not even a temperature in my vocabulary. <shaking head>.

#19 ·
I don't have experience with the emblem cover in question. However I see in the thread that it is made of soft vinyl. I have experience with an airbag deployment. Last summer I crossed a double yellow in my Jetta trying to avoid a critter and hit an on coming car (it was around a curve). Ironically if I were in my Pilot I wouldn;t have swerved, it is higher off the ground and tougher. Anyway, I hit them midpoint on their driver's door and slid my car down the side of theirs. My airbag went off. I didn't move at all - the airbag didn't hit me and my sunglasses were still on. I did not get hit with any shrapnel or anything else. I don't see how a vinyl cover a few centimeters square would cause a problem.

#20 ·
Ok, twice now the word shrapnel has been used (I assume) in reference to my earlier comment. I was referring to someone who actually dug his old emblem out of his airbag cover. In doing so, it is likely that bits and pieces of plastic were left inside the cover resting on top of the airbag itself. These bits of plastic could become as shrapnel. My advice would be to not tamper with the airbag. Including the cover.

#25 ·
Lovely conversation...

and still no one has posted 2006-2008 emblem measurements.

#28 ·
Perhaps it not fitting was an omen to buy some silver paint and a roll of masking tape.😁

Reactions: plplplpl
#29 ·
Second one came. Too small. Not a sticker. Nasty pins.

I give up. I can't find any sticker ones that are 50mm x 60 mm. Will probably chrome paint when it's warmer. Problem is I've always been bad at painting. I've been coloring outside the lines since kindergarten.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.