Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a Pilot forum for a while now. I got my Evergreen Pearl EX back in July. It was a dealer demo with about 300 miles on it, and I think it was their first one. I now have about 3100 miles on it. This is my first Honda, and overall it has been very trouble free, except for a few squeaks and rattles and the oft-mentioned ignition problem here, although that's only happened once.

This is my first SUV, and I feel the Pilot is the best value in the market right now. Believe me, I tried just about all the others, and the closest competitor would be the Toyota Highlander. Nice ride, but I couldn't get comfy in the drivers seat. It was really hard comparing the many different models that are out there. The Chevy Trailblazer was easy to eliminate....quality totally sucked! Sad to say, since overall I am a GM guy. (my "baby" is a '99 Grand Prix GT :17: ) The Chevy Tahoe cost too much, otherwise it would have been on my shopping list. And forget the Ford Exploder :11:

It gets looks everywhere I go, and it's just about the only one in the area right now seems like. Two guys in a GMC Jimmy literally surrounded me when I parked the Pilot one day and said they were admiring it.

Time will tell if it holds up to typical Honda quality, seeing as how it's a first-year model (I've never had a first year model). My Mom also has a '02 Odyssey, same color, that she got the same day I got my Pilot. It's like they're brothers :D This is the first Honda for both of us.....I guess we'll see how they turn out.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Well hello Pilot-1! Welcome to the group and to the Honda family. You won't be sorry getting a Honda product. If you've been watchin' for any length of time you know that Honda is an outstanding vehicle and usually once a Honda owner you're sold for life.
I love the fact that your mom purchased her Ody the same time and same color.
But... wouldn't they be...uh... cousins? :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:bonk: oops.... :) I think you're right on that one.

·
Registered
900 Posts
No, his mom's Ody would be an uncle (or aunt?) to the Pilot, of course!!! Welcome Pilot-1!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OR.....would it be the second cousin to the Acura MDX, which would be first cousin to the Odyssey? :jester:

(Ok it's official....I need some sleep. I'm getting dilerious again.)

I've been doing some further searches here, there's really a lot of useful information on this site....the other car board I'm on (www.clubgp.com, pass it along if you know any GP owners!) for my Grand Prix, all they talk about is mods and racing and all that stuff. I ain't down with that, even though I'm only 26. :mblah:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Good to see you Pilot-1, welcome to the club.

:29:

·
Registered
991 Posts
If you are all new... I must be getting OLD!:1zhelp:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts