Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have an 03 Honda Pilot and have had it for the past 8 years and do all maintenance for all the fluids, brakes, and spark plugs myself. This week I plan on cleaning the evaporator coils from the AC with the foaming aerosol cleaner in a can that you inject through the evaporator drain from under the car (including the center console AC coil). Then I'll remove the cabin air filter and hit the whole HVAC system with mold, mildew, and fungus aerosol disinfectant. Once that's done, I'm going to deodorize with Meguiar's new car scent whole car re-freshener and finally put in a new Fram fresh breeze cabin air filter.

Anyway, glad I found this forum and will be checking out a lot of stuff!! :)

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

To add to what aggrex mentioned above, if there is plastic trim in front of the metal bracket/bar then you'll know your cabin air filter is original. I'm hoping not since then it would have 17 years worth of dirt/pollen/leaves on it. If the plastic trim is present, you will need to dremel/hacksaw it off (you can discard this piece). You will remove the metal bracket/bar to access the cabin air filter, but it should be reinstalled after the cabin air filter is replaced.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to inform everyone but, I'm going all in to clean the HVAC system as mentioned in my original post and it's super simple to do and during the process the air filter will be replaced.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum.

To add to what aggrex mentioned above, if there is plastic trim in front of the metal bracket/bar then you'll know your cabin air filter is original. I'm hoping not since then it would have 17 years worth of dirt/pollen/leaves on it. If the plastic trim is present, you will need to dremel/hacksaw it off (you can discard this piece). You will remove the metal bracket/bar to access the cabin air filter, but it should be reinstalled after the cabin air filter is replaced.
Word up! The plastic has been removed so, at some point the cabin air filter has been replaced.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm kinda annoyed that the stuff I ordered to clean the HVAC system a week ago has yet to arrive. Any answers Jeff Bozo?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts