Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car is cold and I set the heater control to “HI” and hit Auto the fan immediately runs up to max and blows cold air. If I set the control down 1 notch to 89, “Auto” proportionally cranks up the fan speed as the engine heats up.
Is this normal??

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Hmmm?

Have to give that a try.

I love the auto temp, so I have not put it on Hi or Low often.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes that is normal. If you use a specified temp, the vehicle will not start to blow the air until it cools/warms. But if you put it on low/high, the vehicle will just start blowing......regardless of what temp. the air is. Actually, a really nice feature.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heater

It's somewhat of a loaded question, the manual seems to indicate that on HI hitting auto will let the engine temp slowly ramp up the fan. All the other vehicles I've had work that way. But with Honda they may have a reason.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Do many of you actually use the full auto mode to heat and cool your Pilots???

·
Registered
56 Posts
I go back and forth with the full auto... I've used it on long trips,and I've loved it. For short trips around the neighborhood, I'll just use the manual mode. :cool:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Use Auto, but not always full

I like the Full auto, but sometimes hit th emode button to set the vents to Def/Feet for heat. The Auto seems to be Dash/Feet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heat

Interesting.
I always use the full auto when first starting, adjusting down one notch is annoying, but there must be a reason you'd want cold air blasting on you in the AM.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
AC Funny!

If you press Full Auto.
Then,
Change the temp to "HI" or "LO" (non Auto Temp)
Chaneg the fan sped up or down (non-auto fan)
Chaneg the Mode (non-auto Vents)
Change the AC to on or off (non-auto AC)
The display still says Auto;
Auto what??:2:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Auto what

With the thing on auto (not full auto) and the AC off the auto guy magically changes air flow.
I dinked around, and with it set as above, moved the temp down from say 77 to 70. The auto guy changed the air flow from the floor to the dash vents (or maybe both) and probably bled in outside air.
So I guess there is some auto thing going on.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: AC Funny!

N_Jay said:
If you press Full Auto.
Then,
Change the temp to "HI" or "LO" (non Auto Temp)
Chaneg the fan sped up or down (non-auto fan)
Chaneg the Mode (non-auto Vents)
Change the AC to on or off (non-auto AC)
The display still says Auto;
Auto what??:2:
Well that was MY question. I've yet to figure this dang thing out. And NO - I haven't read the A/C part of the manual yet, fiogured...how hard could that be. What's the difference in Full Auto and Auto. Mine automatically starts with FULL AUTO when I turn the key. I've just been leaving it there and the fan speeds changes automatically. Guess I'll need to pull out the manual afterall. DRATS!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
What I can tell

Full auto is FULL AUTO.
Everything is controled to get the temp you set.
As you hit the manual controls you lock that fuction on a manual setting. e.g. Fan speed, Mode (vent), AC on/off, etc.

My question is justthat it continues to say AUTO, aftre I have locked all the functions in manual, or am I missimng something?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Auto

I think your right, as you start deselecting things from full auto they are removed from that function.
Although with the air mode selected toward the floor, I reduced the temp and the air then flowed from the dash and became cooler by blending in more (cooler) outside air?????

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'm SO friggin' confused!! :confused: :13: :confused: :13:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's worse

This should help.
There are now fewer dots on the windshield under the mirror?I think the Pilot uses them up when it thinks, some sort of brain food.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Or MOUSE food!! :p

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
No No No!

The dots are not food, they are a "bar code" like identifier that is used when being tracked by black helicopters!

On to a more serious topic.

Has anyone found anything they specifically do not like about just leaving it on Auto?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So

Now it's mouse jokes huh, kick me when I'm down and covered with acorns. I spent the weekend adding sheetmetal in the air intake. Say goodbye to a perfectly good cookie sheet.

The only beef I have with any full auto is the air conditioner coming on. Don't always need it to cool down. I usually use the full auto with the AC off, which isn't full auto anymore and here we go again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just like the cooking appliance that I'm blanking on the name, set it and forget it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A/C Filter

Anybody know where the A/C filter is located? I never had to change or clean it in any of my earlier cars. But the manual says that it needs to be checked and replaced if clogged.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts