Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I did a search and didn’t see this issue asked yet.

I have a 2018 Touring Canadian version so Elite version in the US. My heated steering wheel has stopped working.

Issues:
Sometimes the light will come on. It does not heat up at all. Light stays on no more than two minutes. After shut off it will not come back on at all.

Other times it will not come on at all. Light engages for 1 second and then does nothing.

With remote start, it does not heat either.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue before I take it to the dealer. It is no longer under warranty. Hoping it’s something simple. I really do miss this luxury in our Canadian winters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Per the Honda website:

• The control for turning it on and off is located by the Bluetooth®1 HandsFreeLink buttons.
  • In addition, the heating elements will be activated when the remote engine-start feature is used on days when the ambient temperature is below 40º F.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Per the Honda website:

• The control for turning it on and off is located by the Bluetooth®1 HandsFreeLink buttons.
  • In addition, the heating elements will be activated when the remote engine-start feature is used on days when the ambient temperature is below 40º F.
I think the OP knows how to turn it on, and obviously the fuse isn't blown as it works intermittently. My guess would be the control module(located in the steering wheel) or a loose connection. Either way the steering wheel will need to be removed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the OP knows how to turn it on, and obviously the fuse isn't blown as it works intermittently. My guess would be the control module(located in the steering wheel) or a loose connection. Either way the steering wheel will need to be removed.
Thank you for your reply. I love my heated steering wheel. I guess Honda will get a few more of my dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts