Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait for my Pilot to arrive next week, but I'm still sulking that they didn't opt to include heated seats (I live in Maine after all). The dealer said that I can have them installed aftermarket, but the local guru said "no can do" on Honda's because they have air bags in the front seats. Then he added that he didn't know much about the Pilot and was assuming it would be like the rest of Honda's products.

Is this true?

Has anyone looked into installing heated seats yet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Hmm ... there aren't airbags in the seats ...

Heated seats are definitely nice but not practical here in Hawaii ... perhaps wehn I get back to the mainland and cold weather .... Seat heaters are readily available in the aftermarket and not too difficult to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
http://home.flash.net/~duetto/catalog.htm

Available in both Single-Temp and Dual-Temp versions!

Extend your top-down season!
A must have for those beautiful cold days or nights with the top down!

Available for your other car too!
Just ask us!

3 Years or 36,000 Miles Manufacturer's Limited Warranty

If you drive in the cold, by now you've learned that the one area a convertible just doesn't cut it is when it comes to keeping you warm on a chilly morning. Now imagine sitting down on your Miata seat heated to a thermostatically-controlled perfect 115 degrees!

Our seat heater is a thin, flexible pad that installs invisibly under the fabric of your existing seat. Comes complete with wiring and illuminated switch which mounts under the seat. May require professional installation.

Single-Temp seat heaters operate at 115 degrees. Our new Dual-Temp seat heaters feature a Hi-Low switch and can be set for either 115 degrees or 105 degrees.

SH01 '90-'97 One Single-Temp Seat Heater $89.00 + $9.95 S&H
SH05 '90-'97 One Dual-Temp Seat Heater $139.00 + $9.95 S&H
SH03 '99-on One Single-Temp Seat Heater $89.00 + $9.95 S&H
SH07 '99-on One Dual-Temp Seat Heater $139.00 + $9.95 S&H

Don't leave your passenger out in the cold! Order two seat heaters at a discount.

SH02 '90-'97 Two Single-Temp Seat Heaters $169.00 + $14.95 S&H
SH06 '90-'97 Two Dual-Temp Seat Heaters $265.00 + $14.95 S&H
SH04 '99-on Two Single-Temp Seat Heaters $169.00 + $14.95 S&H
SH08 '99-on Two Dual-Temp Seat Heaters $265.00 + $14.95 S&H

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Tasha said:
I can't wait for my Pilot to arrive next week, but I'm still sulking that they didn't opt to include heated seats (I live in Maine after all)
Did you consider buying a Pilot in Canada?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hmm ... there aren't airbags in the seats ...

ummm . . . .PrG, yes there are. that's where the side air bags deploy from. . .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! Has anyone had them installed?

I didn't consider going to Canada to buy the Pilot....I'm the proud owner of a 1995 Odessey and I'm quite fond of the local Honda dealership (sales & service).

·
Registered
389 Posts
I might not find a use for the heated seats but if there is cooling seats.....ummmmmmmmm I might go for it. Viva Las Vegas!:2:

:11: :25:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Len~

Now I understand your Canada question. I'm test driving my new Pilot now & found in the owners manual where Canadian EX's come with heated seats. No fair!

Why do you suppose that option is only on Canadian models? Don't they know it gets cold in the states too?????

Oh well....at least I'm nice & chillin' during the summer months. That A.C kicks out some cold air!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Tasha, a creative mechanic can install the heated seat elements, switches and relays. Just order the parts from a Canadian dealer.
Shouldn't be too bad. Check out comparable parts on the Odyssey or MDX at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. They display exploded parts view diagrams, part numbers and pricing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The trick is to due with the air bag

If you do the after market heated seat, you need to be extra caution with the air bag in the seat back.
A lot of private garage do not want to due with this kind of job that has to disable the side air bag.
Good luck.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you do the after market heated seat, you need to be extra caution with the air bag in the seat back.
This is a valid point and why I recommend using the factory parts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not just the OEM parts

It is also during the installation. In my Volvo there is a part that comes with the carnder the seat) to block the side air bag sensor connection before you do anything to the car seat, for instance to repair the heated seat. So that the side air bag will not deploy accidentally.
But of course, not too many people aware of that, and just go ahead to do it without any incident. That is your own choice, but be aware.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tasha said:
Len~

Now I understand your Canada question. I'm test driving my new Pilot now & found in the owners manual where Canadian EX's come with heated seats. No fair!

Why do you suppose that option is only on Canadian models? Don't they know it gets cold in the states too?????

Oh well....at least I'm nice & chillin' during the summer months. That A.C kicks out some cold air!
Not just heated seats, also heated mirrors. But, we get fewer paint selections, and no base model (only EX and EX-L). Interesting that they optimize features for the Canadian market. Doesn't seem fair that our equally cold friends in new York/Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine don't get the same options:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
SkyPilot said:

Not just heated seats, also heated mirrors. But, we get fewer paint selections, and no base model (only EX and EX-L). Interesting that they optimize features for the Canadian market. Doesn't seem fair that our equally cold friends in new York/Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine don't get the same options:confused:
Also no Nav or DVD options in Canada. GRRR. Oh well, easy enough to get these elsewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not to mention the balmy warm winters of Minnesota. It is colder in Minneapolis than it is in Toronto!

Sounds like Honda has an upgrade for the 2005 model year. I will be upset if the heated seats and mirrors are upgrades for the 2004 model year.

·
Registered
277 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts