Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had heaters put in the front seats of my Pilot. It took approx. 7 hours by the installer and they put in the seat as well as the back heaters. It has a High and a low setting on one knob. They mounted the control device for the heaters on the outside of seats at the base. It is very clean and attractive. The cost was $300.00 a seat installed. All works well. Only prob is they had to disconnect the SRS on passanger side for installation. Once installation was complete it was reconnected. The SRS light is on now but they said that it is a time coded light and should go off after 15 or so miles. Below is a picture of the installed button.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Passenger seat view

Here is the view of the Passanger seat with the installed heated seat control.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice install!!! It should get nice and toasty with the perforated leather. :eek:
I'm not sure about the SRS light - you should call the dealer and inquire. :8:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to the dealer today and they reset the SRS light. Seat work great. Had a talk with a woman who just brought in her Odyssey for service that she bought from Canada. Honda USA would not warrenty her vehicle so she purchased a warrenty from pwc21.com and now the dealer will work with her.

·
Registered
920 Posts
What parts are heated???

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nice clean install. Looks like a job well done.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Grey market warranty??? pwc21.com??

No info comes up for that company.

Further, I though Honda made a big deal about grey market vehicles -- I kind of though you would HAVE to take it to selling dealer in Canada... Though I guess each dealer is independant and can choose how they get paid...

ANy more details???

kemc said:
....from pwc21.com and now the dealer will work with her.

·
Registered
486 Posts
manufacturer

Could you possibly find out the make of the units they installed for us?
Thanks!:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The back and seat are heated. The control button has a high and low setting for a temp range 120 deg. and 130 deg. The Manuf. is rostra. The have a web site it is www.Rostra.com.

In regards to the warrenty, Honda will accept after market warrenties and according to my service manager they dont care who pays for it as long as it is approved by the company in advance to the work. Pwc21.com is what I saw on her paperwork, maybe I have it wrong but I was pretty sure that was it. I have gotten quotes from other cvompanies and they are about the same in cost. Go to google.com and do a search for auto extended warr.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the info from the web site.

Demand is Heating Up!
Experience the gentle, therapeutic warmth of Rostra Seat Heaters. Dual-zone heating for soothing lower back and seat comfort. The therapeutic seat heater is fast heating providing warmth in less than a minute. Rostra's Seat Heater features dual-zone heating for soothing lower back and seat comfort, and works with leather or cloth interiors. Treat yourself to the ultimate in comfort, by installing both the Lumbar Support & Therapeutic Seat Heater.

Rapid heat up time provides warmth in less than a minute.

Gently warms both back and seat.

Even heating soothes lower back pain.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Seat Heaters

Maybe they just put fancy buttons on your seat at $300.00 a pop? Just kidding, they look great.
As for the thing re. the warranty work by Honda USA on vehicles purchased in Canada I don't think Honda has any choice but to honour the honda warranty regardless of where the vehicle was purchased. I know Chrysler in the U.S. threatened that they would not do warranty work on Chrysler vehicles purchased in Canada, in order to cut down on the number of vehicles being purchased in Canada and then sold in the U.S. ( similar vehicles are cheaper in Canada even after factoring in the conversion rate on the currency). To my knowledge the Justice Department, or whatever department has jurisdiction, told Chrysler that they had better honour the warranty or they would be prosecuted. I don't think Honda has an exemption of any sort. It sounds like that lady with the ODY got ripped off by whomever sold her this line of BS and sold her the aftermarket warranty. If I were her I would be going back to the dealer for an explanation. it might also be in line for her to contact her state's Attorney General.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was with her when she was told by the Service Manager that Honda USA would not warrenty her Canada bought vehicle. In fact when the service tech entered her vin into the computer it came up as a Canada car and instructed him to see the Manager. This was the first car from Canada they had come in for service. The Service Manager said he had talked with Honda and they said no to warrenty work and he told her the warrenty she had bought saved her.

The Canada dealer gave her a free 3 yr 36,000 mile warrenty and she upgraded it herself to 7 year 100,000. The tech said the added fetures the Canada vehicle had were great and wished the us versions had it.

The owner of the car and I talked for an hour or so and she was very happy with her purchase and she said she saved about 3 grand when all was said and done. They delivered it right to her door ready to go.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Grey market

Honda of Canada sold the car, not Honda of America.
Honda of Canada must honor the warrenty through their service outlets. (I assume Canadian law is similar to US law).
Honda of America has no requirment to honor the warrenty.

P.S. This is all opinion, but makes sense from what I understand of the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great Install

Do you guys know of any installers around the Missouri area? I would also like seat heaters. The Rostra ones look like they could be an excellent fit. Also, does anyone know about purchasing the supplies for the MDX seat heaters? Is that possible?

Also, is it possible to purchase the components for the seat heaters on the Pilots from Canada?

Winter is coming soon and my wife gets cold easily.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Katzkin also seems to make a nice seat heater. Any local trim shop that installs Katzkin leather for dealers should be able to do it.

www.katzkin.com

Don't have or recommend, but looking into.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The one thing that kept me from buying my Pilot sooner was the lack of heated seats, which the dealer told me were not available. I thought I could get a remote starter but the dealer told me they weren't recommended because of the security system. Now I see that you can have heated seats. Does this void the warranty on any of the cars components ? Has any one had experience with a remote starter in their Pilot ? Thank you. Regards, Tom

·
Registered
486 Posts
Anything you add to a car may void warranty of a particular component if the problem was the end result of your modification. This the dealer will have to prove, as well.

e.g. If you install heated seat elements and your seat catches fire because of a faulty heater, you're outa luck, sans insurance.

Should your power seat stop working because of a bad motor or switch, if the dealer tried to deny your warranty due to the heat elements, they would need to prove it to American Honda and you.

I've been doing mods to Hondas for years in and out of warranty and have never had a problem with Honda warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Basically the salesman insinuated that the heated seats would interfere with the sensors for the air bags and that the auto starter may mess up the security system. Iam tempted to go and have the remote starter installed at a reputable place. Thank you for your insights on the subject. If I could have either heated seats or a remote starter , I would feel the pilot is perfect. Regards, Tom

·
Registered
919 Posts
I can understand the question about the seat heater interference with the airbag pressure sensors, but it's probably worth comparing the aftermarket implementations with the factory ones that they offer in Canada. If the factory system employs the same type of pad that the aftermarket system does, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
heaated seats and SRS

My wife has a 2 month old Honda and the only thing she misses in the Pilot is the lack of heated seats. This thread shows that it can be done, but is anyone sure that it is not affecting the SRS system? My honda dealer gave the familiar reply, " I wouldn't mess with anything in the seats because of the side airbag sensors.":confused:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts