Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have problem with the heated seats? On both front seats the heat on the bottom seat stopped working, and only the upper seat part works.
The car is less than 3 years but over 60,000 km so no warranty. The cost to repair is over 1k. It's insane to have to pay on something that shouldn't fail after less than 3 years.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Does anyone else have problem with the heated seats? On both front seats the heat on the bottom seat stopped working, and only the upper seat part works.
The car is less than 3 years but over 60,000 km so no warranty. The cost to repair is over 1k. It's insane to have to pay on something that shouldn't fail after less than 3 years.
I just came from the garage checking out the same problem. Our right front seat quit heating as well. The lower back still works but the seat portion doesn't work on either the high or low setting. I came in to do a search before tearing things apart. Ours is a '16 model Touring with the 8 year 120K warranty. I'm not sure yet whether the extended warranty includes heated seat issues or not, but should probably check that out before tearing the seat apart...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer told me that if I had extended warranty it would be covered. So don't take it apart yourself, let them do that.
I'm disappointed with Honda - I emailed them and they asked for the diagnostic from the garage, I sent it and never heard back from them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We just bought a used 2017 Exl Navi. 48,000kms.

Yup have the same problem.

Driver and Passanger seat pans don't heat but the backs do.

In for warranty.

·
Registered
70 Posts
2016 here, same, the bottom is out. There are heating elements on amazon and am thinking about removing the old one and tapping into the wires for the current heated seats. There is a video showing how to remove the seat material on an older pilot on youtube but seems intensive. Anyone ever remove the leather?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The heated back portion in my 2011 has gone out but the seat portion works....anyone know what a common fix is for this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts