Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice this year, I had to reattach the heat shields (catalytic) and the rear (next to muffler). Just this weekend, after driving 150 miles, the metallic rattle suddenly appeared (at highway speed). I found that the two bolts that held the heat shield had finally corroded the heat shield completely producing bigger holes than the washers. Relatively easy fix! I reattached them using oil drain washers--they perfectly fit. The other heat shield around the catalytic converter was fixed earlier this year by using two 6 inches steel ties. No more annoying rattles!

Attachments

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
I found that the two bolts that held the heat shield had finally corroded the heat shield completely producing bigger holes than the washers.
Just did this on one bolt recently.

I almost did the hose clamp thing....

However, even though I had already bought my hose clamps, I eventually got it done along with some other things by a trusted mechanic, and untrue to form I didn't stick around that time to watch. He told me to keep my hose clamps because he was going to do it right once and for all. He did and it certainly didn't cost anywhere near what a new cat would have.

buzzing noise/ whining noise when accelerating

On a side note: Brand new, shiny, unused hose clamps still for sale. Cheap OBO; you pay shipping. :D

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
758 Posts
I’m starting to hear the metallic vibration from underneath the passenger side. Guess this could be it. Happens when first accelerating

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,184 Posts
Nice McGuyver fixes. Gotta love them!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts