Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on the heat vents. When I set the the control to floor only, the dash vents on the left and right are still blowing at full force while the two in the center dash are turned off.

Is this the way it is supposed to be working? I was thinking only the floor vents would be activated.

Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
All I do on cold mornings is push AUTO and make sure that the temp is on a comfortable setting (65F to 75F), the heat automatically blows from the floor vents. I did notice that when the interior temp meets the setting or when I lower the setting - it switches automatically to the top vents or a split top/floor vent distribution. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Vents....

My wife's '99 & '02 Odyssey as wellas my Pilot work the same way.
The side vents are not full force but there is a definite air flow. When on the AUTO or floor setting you will notice that the air temp is usually cooler than the floor. The side vents will blow warm usually only when the FLOOR/VENT option is chosen. In the winter I run both vehicles with the side vents closed. However since my wife likes it warmer than I do (not that uncommon!) I can get cool air relief by opening my side vent! Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Jiaronnis said:
All I do on cold mornings is push AUTO and make sure that the temp is on a comfortable setting (65F to 75F),
Cold morning in Arizona....gosh send us some of that COLD

:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine does this as well, so it's not something wrong.
My guess would be that this is done to help keep the side windows from fogging without having to turn on the defroster.

This does work well if this is what it's designed for. I had the car nice and warm and jumped out to fill with gas. Usually when you get back in and you're cold and wet (from snow), the first thing that happens is you side window fogs up. Well, it started to fog and I adjusted the vent to blow on the window and it cleared up without turning on the defrost.

But again, this is just a guess.
Gary.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
There is a defrost vent (yellow circle) just above the adjustable vent (red circle). Is it blowing out both?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim,

The top (yellow) vents have a slight flow while the side have a lot of flow. The only time the defrost vents kick out more is when the defroster is selected, then the ones at the bottom of the windshield are active too.

Glad to know this is how they work. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I always keep these side vents aimed at the side widows...

...in the winter. Sorry I'm late to this thread. But I discovered the same thing and thought it was a great feature. I live just south of Buffalo and you may have heard a rumor that we get a little snow on occasion. This "feature" actually works wonders at keeping the side windows fog free all winter long.
Regards,

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts