Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. all.

I have not been able to figure out how to get the shaft of the third-row headrests into the holes provided along the sides of the storage compartment. The holes seem too wide apart. The only way I could get it is was at an angle and only about a couple inches. But the pictures in the owners manual seem to indicate that they can go in all the way. In fact, one hole in each set seems to be blocked. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks,
Sonny

·
Registered
30 Posts
The paper that came with an extra cargo net I bought showed them installed at an angle, and they only go in a few inches, that's how it works on my pilot anyway.

-Hans

·
Registered
747 Posts
angle and a few inches in. You do fine

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
UPSIDE DOWN?

I bet you you've got the angle right, but the headrest upside down. It will work one way, not the other, same for installing them on the seat. There is a slight angle in the posts.
I've done this too;)

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Here's a picture of the headrests in storage. The do only go in a little an inch or so and they are definitely angled. And like 74PILOTMOM said, it installed upside down, the door won't close without pressing on the headrest.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: UPSIDE DOWN?

74PILOTMOM said:
I bet you you've got the angle right, but the headrest upside down. It will work one way, not the other, same for installing them on the seat. There is a slight angle in the posts.
I've done this too;)
They'll go in either way, but if they go in with the post curved up, the little bumps on the underside of the storage door will put indentations in the material of the headrest; it looks like little holes in the vinyl if you happen to do it by mistake, and have vinyl headrests (third row is vinyl in factory leather Pilots). The posts need to curve downward to put them in the storage area and not have this happen.

In other words, the side of the headrest that's closer to the back of your head needs to be closer to the bottom of the storage area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts