Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original headlights and fog. And none of the do-it-yourself wood clean it probably because it was on the inside I figure. Anyway Honda dealer wanted over $450 for each headlight! But they suggested I buy from an aftermarket and I got them for about 250 / headlight. But the main problem was it cost $230 to have the headlights replaced because you have to remove the whole front end of the car which is ridiculous and sometimes I hate Engineers. That being said one of my headlights is fucking up with moisture inside not sure where it's coming from but I think it's just trapped in there it wasn't there when I first had it replaced. So I'm opening up the back end by carefully removing the bulb sockets and I'm going to get a hair dryer and blow some air in there and perhaps talk some paper towels in there to soak that water up replaced the bulbs and hopefully this fixes it.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
In one of his videos, Scotty Kilmer says just drill a hole in the lowest point of the headlight assembly to let water accumulation out by gravity and avoid fogged up lights.

I've never tried this myself, and I really don't know if it's a good idea.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
you get out all the moisture take some gasket maker and re-run a bead over the entire edge of the headlight where the caulking meets the lense.. You have a pin hole in the sealant thus allowing moisture into the lense. I had the same issue on my drivers side .. didn't have anymore issues with moisture afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts