Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...can anyone suggest a bright white easy replacement headlight for a 2004? Reading articles makes me think xenon bulbs might be a good choice...any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Usually on a good set of bulbs they will tell you on the package a rough life span in hours . How long they in Theory last before they blow... LED's tend to last 50k hours before they need replacement.
Some of the bulbs as an example : Xtravision they are bright and nice BUT only have a service life of 850 hours.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,331 Posts
Defnitey read the average lifespan listed on the package. Last year I replaced one of the original headlight bulbs on my 2005 with one of the brighter Philips bulbs and it died last week. I replaced both with standard bulbs (output around what is OEM) which have a longer lifespan since I don’t want to be replacing bulbs yearly for minimal light intensity gain.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Stick with OEM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
YES!! There is a way to get bright and reliable H11 replacements. I have tried Sylvania, Osram and PIAA. Dismal failures - all of them because of insufficient light but mostly SHORT LIFESPAN.
I installed Diode Dynamics SL-1 bulbs in my 2008 Pilot on February 10, 2020. My lenses are a little fogged over, but the SL-1 bulbs are really an upgrade in spite of the fogged lenses. (I will take care of them in a month or so). In the last two months I have literally needed my high beams 4 times. I counted because I want to make sure it's not my imagination.
These bulbs are amazing. See my unretouched photos. I live in a rural area surrounded by farm land and very few street lights. It's a great place to check out the real driving effectiveness of the American Engineered and designed bulbs. (And no, I don't work for Diode Dynamics! I'm just excited about finding a great pair of bulbs after literally years of searching!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts