Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 pilot EX-L AWD without NAV. I encountered the problem where the car would kind of try to start or the display would start flashing on and I could hear relays opening and closing while sitting in car with the car off (while waiting for wife to come back from shopping), this has happened 6-10 times in last 3 months. Also while the car was sitting in the garage for the evening (off) with the lights on auto. The lights would randomly turn on.

I replaced the start/stop button (takes about 15 mins) with a honda replacement part and turned off the auto door lock/unlock function.

But the car is still turning on the headlights while shut off and the auto headlights (on the headlights stalk turned on).

Anybody else have this issue and any possible fixes (other than not using this feature). It worries me that there is a bigger issue going on.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
Have you checked all of the vehicle grounds to the lighting and ignition circuits. The grounds need to be clean and tight. A loose ground can cause circuit malfunctions.

My second though is how long ago did the murder occur in the house you now reside in?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,844 Posts
If you have an alarm or remote start system also check the connections to those units control modules.

Reactions: ls973800
1 - 3 of 3 Posts