Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second attempt at restoring my headlights. I purchased the Mother's kit which allows me to use a drill.
I spent about 10 minutes per light and was pretty pleased with the results.

The passenger side headlight has always been a bit hazier than the driver side. I've attached photos below, but I'm wondering, if I keep working on the passenger side, is it possible for it to look a little better? Or will I need to replace the assemblies?

Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would think this depends on what grades of sandpaper was included in the Mothers kit and for how long of a duration you used them on the passenger side. Did you finish up with a plastic polish?

·
Registered
506 Posts
For me, the deeper haze and pitting won't go away entirely, but it does get better if you stay at it. Just make sure you don't over-heat the surface, otherwise let it go for a few minutes and see if you get anywhere.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used the Meguiar's Heavy Duty kit on my 06, lights came out looking like new. I think one of the keys was the coating that was applied after polishing. They looked great for over a year, even after the front end met another car.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Looks like the Mother's includes a headlight enlarging serum. :p

Heard good things about the Meguiar's kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts