Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What product and methods have YOU used to "restore" faded headlights ?

Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish ?
Meguirs Headlight Restoration ?
WD-40 ?
Sandpaper and Clear-coat ?

Results after ?
HOW LONG DID THE CLARITY LAST ?
How often do/did you have to re-do ?
What were the STEPS to do the restoration ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Meguiar's Medium Restoration kit. Sand/polish with included pad. Clean and dry thoroughly. Mask around headlights. Two coats of spray according to directions. Lasts more than a year. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Headlamp Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting

·
Registered
570 Posts
Meguiar's compound on a stiff pad, same as I use on the paint.

I tried swirl remover, but it didn't work as well. I get about a year from 2 minutes on each side.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I've tried everything shy of spraying the headlights with clearcoat. Some lasted longer than others but none lasted more than a year or so.

At this point I just use the Wipe New or whatever it is whenever it gets bad enough.

Also, there is a Project Farm video for this...

Reactions: HardyZ

·
Registered
425 Posts
Painter tape around headlight. Polishing compound on electric polisher. If it's bad I'll use buffing compound. Lasted several months outside in Florida weather. Have my current vehicles ceramic coated and no sign of fading

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've tried everything shy of spraying the headlights with clearcoat. Some lasted longer than others but none lasted more than a year or so.

At this point I just use the Wipe New or whatever it is whenever it gets bad enough.

Also, there is a Project Farm video for this...

We got this sedan project and the headlights are worse than that. We'll start working on it right after we finished installing the brake pads and hd wheels on the truck and clear the garage. Will definitely try that Wipe new.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
With got this sedan project and the headlights are worse than that. We'll start working on it right after we finished installing the brake pads and hd wheels on the truck and clear the garage. Will definitely try that Wipe new.
I am tempted to do the full polish/restoration and spray the lens with clear coat, I feel like that is the only true long-term fix. Until then, the wipe new is cheap and easy so I will stick with that.

Reactions: HardyZ

·
Registered
23 Posts

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts