Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed my passenger headlight was out and I bought a replacement bulb. That one doesn't work either. I did some looking and there seems to be a major problem where people need to replace harnesses, switches, etc... Can someone help me know where to start checking to try to repair myself? The high beams work fine.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
There is a chance that the "new" replacement bulb may be defective or damaged. I would try another bulb to confirm or swap the driver side bulb to test. Best not to handle the glass bulb as oils from your skin could shorten the bulb life. I usually change both bulbs at the same time and keep the good one as a spare.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,028 Posts
Also check the headlight socket. Look for corrosion, oxidation, browned wire insulation, etc.; basically anything which looks like it could impact the headlight.

There was a headlight harness recall for 2005ish Pilots. Check if that was done if applicable to your Pilot.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i'll check that out in the am. I have an 07' pilot so not sure if the recall was expanded for that.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
BTW, I think it's great when a member comes back and posts what the fix was. (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts