Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. Thought I'd start early with this thread as I prepare to change the headlight housing and bulbs this weekend. I will be replacing the OEM equipment with aftermarket parts to hopefully change the look of my Pilot a bit. I will be posting before and after pictures so that you can see the difference. I'm very excited to see how it will turn out. I've bought everything off eBay. Found a nice deal for the high & low LED bulbs as well as the LED fog lights all for $40.00. The headlights housing I've bought for $129.00 which was the cheapest I could find but yet with the best reviews for their products. Let's see how this goes!!! Let me know if anyone has had any problems with LED lights.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I've finished replacing the headlight housings and headlight bulbs from Halogen to LEDs. The look changes from soccer dad SUV to not so soccer dad SUV LOL😂😂! But really the looks of it is so awesome. The LEDs really enhances night driving. I'm really happy with the results. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,651 Posts
The new headlight housings look really slick on your Pilot.

If you can, check that headlights aren’t pointed too far upwards. From the first photo it looks like the light pattern is significantly different compared to the stock setup. If lots of people are flashing their high beams at you this could be the reason.

If the headlights are adjustable park on a level surface facing a wall 20 feet away. The stock setup results in a fairly horizontal beam pattern, which doesn’t blind oncoming drivers.

Reactions: pilotalbert87

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

If you can, check that headlights aren’t pointed too far upwards. From the first photo it looks like the light pattern is significantly different compared to the stock setup. If lots of people are flashing their high beams at you this could be the reason.

If the headlights are adjustable park on a level surface facing a wall 20 feet away. The stock setup results in a fairly horizontal beam pattern, which doesn’t blind oncoming drivers.
+1

That way not only will you be happy, but so will those you share the road with.

If they're blinded, not only is it unsafe for them, but for you too, since we're all on the same road together.

I've got nothing against guys who swap in LEDs, but you see so many of them who are too amateur to adjust the beam's throw pattern.

Post pics of your throw pattern against a wall or garage door, to show where you've adjusted the cutoff.

By the way, those new housings look nice on your dark Redrock Pearl color Pilot.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The reason it looks like it's higher is because the way the whiter light is hitting my phone's camera lens at an angle on the picture. The very first thing I tested was how high were the low beam lights shooting and they're both leveled when I pointed them at my garage door at night and then I flicked the high beams and can see a noticeable difference. I'll try to post pictures as I'm sitting in front of my garage doors tonight.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright guys good morning. Not sure if this is good or not but I took a picture of the LEDs hitting my Garage Door last night. I drove around too and they seem to be at the correct level as nobody I drove past by flashed their lights at me.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The cutoff in the middle looks good. (y)

I'm just wondering about the area to the left, where oncoming traffic would be. Is it just an optical illusion that the light beam appears higher because of the wall configuration?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,908 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts