Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i dont have the car alarm remote anymore for my 2004 Honda Pilot, so i would just lock the doors manually from the inside of the car buttons before i get out the car. So when i lock the doors the lights would flicker on n off for a good few minutes before it dies. Is it the alarm sensor or what the heck is going on. Dont want to bring in the car to the shop too. Too costly. Just need to get some answers.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
Normal behavior with the remote fob is to press lock once and the lights flash once to indicated it's locked. Press the lock button on the remote fob twice in a row and the above happens plus the horn honks.

I would say what you're experiencing where they flicker (on and off?) for "a good few minutes" isn't normal.

Just curious, does your horn work normally?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normal behavior with the remote fob is to press lock once and the lights flash once to indicated it's locked. Press the lock button on the remote fob twice in a row and the above happens plus the horn honks.

I would say what you're experiencing where they flicker (on and off?) for "a good few minutes" isn't normal.

Just curious, does your horn work normally?
No it doesnt work at all. But the flickering is from locking the doors without the remote control. N thats the thing we no longer have the remote control alarm anymore so now we just manually lock n unlock it with our hands. So my boyfriend thinks that its the alarm system sensor crap. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,840 Posts
Does the same thing happen if you lock the door, using the key, after you have gotten out of the Pilot AND closed all the doors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts