Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing at night when my headlights are on that they will intermittently flicker??? It is very suttle and I am guessing it is happening when the fan kicks in or some sort of power fluctuation...

Anyone else know what the heck I am talking about! Not a major concern but if I am noticing it, wonder if oncoming traffic sees the same.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
gopilot said:
I have been noticing at night when my headlights are on that they will intermittently flicker??? It is very suttle and I am guessing it is happening when the fan kicks in or some sort of power fluctuation...
Honda charging systems shut completly off as a fuel saving technique. When it is on the voltage is about 14V and when it is off it drops to about 12.

This causes a slight dimming on the headlighs.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i've notice this too. it happens when i hear a fan turn on, or maybe its the a/c kicking in. its like it doesnt have enough juice so the lights dim for a bit. :confused:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
iivtecracerii said:
i've notice this too. it happens when i hear a fan turn on, or maybe its the a/c kicking in. its like it doesnt have enough juice so the lights dim for a bit. :confused:
Just thought of something.

When the fan comes on and the charging system is off the lights will dim. This extra load probably kicks on the charging system so they immediately brighten.

All this is seen as "flicker"

·
Registered
608 Posts
ahh...i see.

buen trabajo! :29:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Njay, great info:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine not only flickers, they turn of for half a second and when the come back on, the abs and brake lights (on e dash board) turn on for a second pr two, i've had the suv for 2 months, im hating it too much, any recomendations pn this issue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts