Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone here tell me how to adjust my headlights up a bit? After reading some threads here I will buy brighter bulbs, but the lights are aimed too low. I would rather do it myself on a dark road and get it how I like it than give it to the dealer to do. TIA

Apex

·
Registered
113 Posts
Open the hood - each headlight housing has two holes with a pinion gear. The plastic above them is marked to show what they do, and which way to turn them. One adjusts up/down, and the other side to side. Take a medium size phillips screwdriver and insert it against the pinion gear. It should turn fairly easily. I have found that two or three rotations does the job. I did mine in the dark, aiming the headlights at my garage door and actually marking where the most intense light hit the door. That way, I could be sure I was adjusting both the same amount. Don't go too high or you will have people flashing their bright lights at you!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Another thing to remember when aiming the headlights is to put someone in the driver's seat, it will not throw off your adjustment by much, but if you are going to the effort to do it right you might as well go all the way.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
If you load your Pilot

You will find teh aim is greatly affected by the loading of the vehical.
I think the factory setting is a bit low when unloaded, but is definetly a bit high when well loaded (4 people, and a rear of luggage).
You may want to take this into account.

For what it is worth, the correct setting is for the low beam cut off (Top of beam) to drop 2 1/2 inches in 20 feet.

This is measured using th eheight of the center of the lamp as a starting point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts