Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 230k miles
Loosing coolant out the exhaust at the rate of a quart every 8 days or so. Getting ready to have the gaskets replaced. Is it best to use own Honda gaskets or does it matter? It’s never ran hot so should I have the heads checked for warp?
Thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do what stickercutting said. Buy your gaskets at majestic Honda. Don’t buy the front/rear cylinder “kits”. Buy each gasket that you need separately and save about half. I just did this job on a 2014 and can tell you what gaskets I needed. There’s prob something different between the model years but I can give you a good idea what you need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heads must be machined, you don’t want to do this job twice. New oem bolts. New oem gaskets.
Ok thank you
Do what stickercutting said. Buy your gaskets at majestic Honda. Don’t buy the front/rear cylinder “kits”. Buy each gasket that you need separately and save about half. I just did this job on a 2014 and can tell you what gaskets I needed. There’s prob something different between the model years but I can give you a good idea what you need.
Ok great! What’s the list of needed gaskets to do both heads.
Thank you so much

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
Wow, What's amazing is that someone will do this kind of work to their motor, with this many miles already on it. I'd get a new motor, slightly used, or a new used car.
Testament of how liked these Pilots are!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, What's amazing is that someone will do this kind of work to their motor, with this many miles already on it. I'd get a new motor, slightly used, or a new used car.
Testament of how liked these Pilots are!
I understand completely how you feel. I can do the work myself with no rush. The only expense is for the parts and checking the head. It’s my daughters car and she loves it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok thank you

Ok great! What’s the list of needed gaskets to do both heads.
Thank you so much
This was for my 2014 so check parts book to see if there is anything different between the two year model engines.
-Front head gasket
-Rear head gasket
-Water manifold/thermostat housing gaskets. There are 2, a larger one on the front head and a smaller one on the rear head.
-Front intake to head gasket
-Rear intake to head gasket
-Intake manifold gasket(6 hole)
-Water crossover pipe o-rings. There are 2.
-Front exhaust gasket
-Rear exhaust gasket
-Front valve cover gasket
-Rear valve cover gasket
There is a plate on top of the intake that has to be taken off to get to the manifold bolts. I did not replace this gasket. It’s molded rubber and looked fine to me. Prob didn’t need to do the valve cover gaskets either but did them anyways. They are also molded rubber. I bought cam seals but did not replace them on a recommendation here on the forum. I think I still have all my old gaskets in a garbage bag out in the shop. I’ll see if I can get you a picture.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,234 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts