Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I own a 2009 Honda Pilot and a 2002 Acura TL. I really want the HDS tool to keep them in top running shape. I already have the Mercedes equivalent for project cars but don't feel like spending thousands. Has anyone bought cheaper HDS tools from online? And what were/are your experiences with them?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Youtube/samcrac uses a phone app that he uses to diagnose a variety of cars. Seems to work well. I just go to the local parts store, they scan for free

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Consider the Foxwell NT630 Plus. While not a full-fledged official HDS with its presumably extreme price, you can get
one that reads Honda-specific codes. It's what I've decided I want from Santa this year.

Foxwell NT630 Plus ABS & Airbag Reset Tool with SAS Calibration(NT630 Elite Updated Version)

You can get one at the usual online places, the cheapest of which I've found is here, if you're not in a big hurry:

US $99.0 27% OFF|Foxwell NT630 Plus OBD2 Automotive Scanner Engine Check ABS SRS Airbag SAS Reset Crash Data ODB OBD 2 Auto Car Diagnostic Tool|car obd2|obd2 diagnosticscanner tools - AliExpress

·
Registered
33 Posts
We might need one for the incoming Pilot project we'll work on after we finished installing the mud tires from 4Wheelonline onto the truck. Gonna show him both links, he might opt the cheaper one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Youtube/samcrac uses a phone app that he uses to diagnose a variety of cars. Seems to work well. I just go to the local parts store, they scan for free
Well I have a simple scanner that reads diagnostic trouble codes and more. But I want to tap into the CAN bus and communicate directly with individual control modules. They store fault codes that don't trigger DTC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts