Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anybody noticed the new Mitsubishi Endeavor?
Looks like it's aimed directly at Pilots and Highlanders.

If you cover up the grill it looks almost identical to the pilot...
The side profile and the rims look almost the same!

Link: Endeavor

·
Registered
204 Posts
How about Isuzu Ascender? With third row seating, it is more close to the Pilot than anything right now for around 30K(imports)

·
Registered
204 Posts
It may be, I have never really looked at a domestic that closely. My image of any GMC SUV is that of a boat, not a car.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Helldiver said:
...Anybody noticed the new Mitsubishi Endeavor?
Looks like it's aimed directly at Pilots and Highlanders...
I don't know about size and features, but the wheel well flares, body angles, etc... are reminiscent of the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
I haven't seen this one yet but while watching TV Sunday I sure saw a lot of the new Chrysler SUV (don't remember it's name). It sure looked good and different. Any one know the price range?
I think it was called a Pacifica or something close to that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Pacifica looks like a station wagon, not SUV.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Helldiver said:
Hi all,

Anybody noticed the new Mitsubishi Endeavor?
Looks like it's aimed directly at Pilots and Highlanders.

If you cover up the grill it looks almost identical to the pilot...
The side profile and the rims look almost the same!

From the rear, it doesn't look too much like the Pilot, though...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yeah, IMHO, I still think it looks more like a Jeep GC than the Pilot (see the bumper molding, rear slope, roof slope etc...)

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
HiFlyer said:
It may be, I have never really looked at a domestic that closely. My image of any GMC SUV is that of a boat, not a car.
It is a GMC Envoy XL (with some trim modifications). If your looking for the boat, take one for a ride. It's about a foot longer than a Yukon.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Endeavor is BUTT ugly!

I know Mitsu likes to design vehicles that stand out from the crowd, but this latest venture is just NOT an attractive design.

I'll use the words of a writer at Car and Driver magazine when describing the Porsche Cayenne - which are appropriate in the Endeavor's case.

"Who lets the dogs out - because one of them crapped on the lawn!"

Also, the Isuzu Ascender is a re-tooled GMC Envoy XL. Isuzu has an agreement with GM to supply the Ascender. This stretched out version makes what is normally a good looking vehicle (Envoy) and ruined it IMHO.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
226 Posts
No thanks. I'll stick with my Honda. :) These other trucks wont be as quiet or refined or have the build quality of the Pilot.

But, that's my opinion.......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
brooklynpilot said:
No thanks. I'll stick with my Honda. :) These other trucks wont be as quiet or refined or have the build quality of the Pilot.

Agreed...

I'm really curious as to whether the Pacifica will do well and become another "segment-buster" like the PT cruiser.

It seems to be very luxurious but still looks too much like a minivan to me...

·
Registered
170 Posts
brooklynpilot said:

Same Here, of course first I have to get my Pilot!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's amazing how similar SUV's are to one another. I really like the look of the new Kia Sorrento. Someone in our neighborhood has one and it looks really nice. I'd never own a KIA, but that's me!:D ;)

As for the Mitsubishi, those wheel flares are a bit much, looks strikingly similar to the Jeep Grand Cherokee.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree. I do however really do like the straight and clean lines of the Pilot. I think it's got a better look than the Durango (pig snout) and the Explorer (too boxy with about 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of them on the road).

The only other truck I considered was the new 4-Runner but I couldn't justify the extra $$$ when it had a much much smaller interior. A V8 was a nice touch, but the horsepower was the same as the Pilot. Sure, more torque.....but it probably gets 10mpg. I've been running a steady 18mpg (19 on occasion) with about 70% highway and 30% city (only filled it up about 4 times anyway, and have less than 1000mi so it's probably not really broken in yet).

Seen the Kia....uhm....no comment :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
brooklynpilot said:

Seen the Kia....uhm....no comment :)
Sure. . .I know, it's a KIA.:p :rolleyes: But aside from that, it's actually a decent looking SUV, I think. If it was badged something else, I would take a look at it.:D

And trust me, an employee of mine that was going to buy a Civic tonight called the office all excited telling her co-workers that she just bought a KIA Optima!:eek: :confused: :p Geez, I was pissed!;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Starting to see more Ascenders...

which prompted me to do a little research. As ADutchPilot said, it's just a rebadged GM product (look at the copyright in this photo).

From Consumer Guide ®,
Isuzu replaces the aging Trooper for 2003 with a new flagship based on the General Motors' extended-length midsize SUVs. Except for some appearance trim, Ascender duplicates the Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL, including their three-row, 7-passenger seating. It offers their 6-cyl or V8 power and 4-speed automatic transmission. Ascender is available with rear-wheel drive or GM's 4WD that can be left engaged on dry pavement and includes low-range gearing.
At MSRP from $28,649-31,349, I'll stick with the Pilot!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry, couldn't attach the photo.

Here it is...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts