Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you named your Pilot? Since we have two small kids, I thought it would be fun for our new Pilot to have a name. Since it's white and has a freezer for an air conditioner we named it "Frosty the Pilot" like Frosty the Snowman. The kids love it. :2:

Does your Pilot have a name?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been wanting to name it since we got it 3 weeks ago, but I just can't come up with a good name for it. We used to have a Trooper that we called "Godzilla" (as it was big and green and came from Japan). Anyone have an idea for an Evergreen Pilot?

·
Registered
244 Posts
If Pilot>Trooper and Trooper=Godzilla and Evergreen=Tree, then Evergreen Pilot = Sequoia. Sure you don't have a Toyota?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Another Option

Sticking with the big tree angle, you could name it Ponderosa (short for Ponderosa Pine - an evergreen) since it's as big as one or go with a character from that show - Hoss.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've named mine "The Tardis". All you Dr. Who fans will understand.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yes ... "PrG"

PrG

·
Registered
698 Posts
PrG said:
Yes ... "PrG"

PrG

What does PrG stand for?

Or, is that a personal question? :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
EPinDenCo said:
I have been wanting to name it since we got it 3 weeks ago, but I just can't come up with a good name for it. We used to have a Trooper that we called "Godzilla" (as it was big and green and came from Japan). Anyone have an idea for an Evergreen Pilot?
How about "Kermit" :2:

texaspilot

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another Pirate story

I can relate to the "Pirate" reference. Our 4 year old says Pilot, but our 2 year old calls ours "Frosty the Pirate." :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Not sure WHERE I heard it but, I have a great name for the Sandstone Color Pilots.

Taking off on a post earlier in the thread.

It is BIG

It is BEIGE

It is from JAPAN

Therefore, she could have no other name except ---

MOTHRA

Do you think personalized plates sporting the name "Mothra" would be going too far?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
No, but I sure enjoy being a Pilot pilot.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My kids insisted on calling our Pilot "Patrick".

.........in honor of my brother-in-law who is an F16 Pilot in the Air Force.

A good Irish name for a green vehicle!

I veto'd "Jolly Green Giant". (I'm 6'5")

·
Registered
25 Posts
couldn't resist answering this one.

I have proposed naming ours "Anjin-san." (Said in your deepest voice for proper effect.") It means pilot in Japanese - remember from Shogun? (You also have to note that my mother is Japanese and my Dad is American.) It probably should have a male name since my wife drives it. ;-)

Of course the wife thinks naming cars is just plain stupid, so maybe I ought to name if for that reason alone.....:D Somehow Lucille & Betsy (my 2 green Ford Taurus SHOs don't have the same opinion.) I guess I just can't help but get emotional about cars.

- Gil
'03 Red EX-L

·
Registered
486 Posts

Let's see, what's big and green? How about the Incredible Hulk?
Or just Hulk?

·
Registered
316 Posts
How about SHAQ,

Big, dominant, and greatest ever in the field.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Hmmm, Not officialy

We just called my car "the car", and my wife’s Range Rover "the truck".
Then we sold the Rover and got a CR-V.
So the car was still "car", and the CR-V became "truck".
Now that we have the Pilot and are getting rid of "the car" we have a major dilemma.
It can't be "the Honda" since they are both Hondas, and it can't be "the blue one" since they are both blue.
"The Pilot" is not bad, but "the CR-V is way too many sylables!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I named my Pilot the same as the Civic, the dog, the two cats, and the two kids, (and the wife)..................."BILL"

Between gas, oil changes, the car note, the dog food, the cat food, litter, vet bills, doctor bills, grocery bill, shopping bill.............you get the picture;)

1 - 20 of 210 Posts