Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will be saying goodbye to my Pilot soon. Hate to do but life has changed so gotta do what i gotta do. I tired to find a nice used pilot but most were junk, Mileage rollbacks and a few were rebuilt from some major accidents.

Picked up a 04 Toyota 4runner sport today with 87k from the original owner. Real clean besides a few things that will need attention but it seems to be well taken care of. This guy still had the spare set of keys and valet key never used. The thing that I still cant believe is the battery is original! Panasonic makes a good battery apparently.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Panasonic batteries are incredible, and 10 years is common. Never heard of 16 years before. That's amazing. Too bad they are not imported here.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Panasonic batteries are incredible, and 10 years is common. Never heard of 16 years before. That's amazing. Too bad they are not imported here.
I didn't know that about them! I can't believe its still going. He said he added distilled water once and never any corrosion on the terminals. He asked me to save his number and let him know when it dies. Im curious how much longer it has left.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Sorry to see you go but it looks like you've got a good find. Here's wishing you many happy miles ahead.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Sounds like you found an excellent vehicle with low miles. The 4.0 V6 and 5 speed are nearly immortal in that thing, just keep giving them fresh fluids. I'd rather have that 4Runner than my Traverse or my wife's Pilot!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! Just received some of the parts I ordered today and my new Alpine double din receiver. Its like christmas lol. Not just trying to figure out the best way to get rid of my pilot and move on for good. What I owe and the value are pretty close which is always fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts