Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Have any Pilots arrived in Canada

1428 Views 26 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  hansolocujo
Hi, wondered if any Canadains have observed Pilots in their area, or if they have "reserved" a Pilot and have an ETA.

Thanks
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
309 Posts
If the Grand Highlander is going to be a behemoth like the Sequoia, then realistically we should expect a combined mpg no more than 22-23; regardless, since it is positioned toward the full size SUV spectrum (company of Tahoe, Yukon, Expedition), I expect it to be priced at least $7K more than the least expensive Highlander, with the top trim starting around the $70K price point. It is going to be pricey. for sure.
Good point on the extra weight/MPG. I guess that we'll know soon.

· Registered
9 Posts
yea i listened to parts of it. i wonder about the long term rsale value. tellrudies are highly sought after . when i drove the 2023 telluride it felt like a 70000 car inside and out. im not sure the same is true abotu the pilot. the crv hybrid i test drove did not feel or like like a car that cost 58000 off the lot.
my first car - the 2017 fit LX cost 20k off the lot and felt like a cheap econo car but was great. im not sure about spending this much on hondas that truly dont feel that premium ?

· Registered
364 Posts
If the Grand Highlander is going to be a behemoth like the Sequoia, then realistically we should expect a combined mpg no more than 22-23; regardless, since it is positioned toward the full size SUV spectrum (company of Tahoe, Yukon, Expedition), I expect it to be priced at least $7K more than the least expensive Highlander, with the top trim starting around the $70K price point. It is going to be pricey. for sure.
Given hybrid RX500h with variation of hybrid max system gets 27-28mpg, crown with same powertrain is about 30 mpg. I am going to expect about 26-27 from that highlander. Sequoia is body on frame SUV with significant more torque and towing capacity.

· Registered
41 Posts
Given hybrid RX500h with variation of hybrid max system gets 27-28mpg, crown with same powertrain is about 30 mpg. I am going to expect about 26-27 from that highlander. Sequoia is body on frame SUV with significant more torque and towing capacity.
Good point. I'd be surprised if the mpg of the 3-row Grand Highlander breaches 26, since it would be much larger, longer, heavier and possibly wider than the 2-row RX500h (which would use lighter costlier structural materials).

· Registered
364 Posts
Good point. I'd be surprised if the mpg of the 3-row Grand Highlander breaches 26, since it would be much larger, longer, heavier and possibly wider than the 2-row RX500h (which would use lighter costlier structural materials).
RX is tuned more towards performance, that's why I think less powerful version might. I don't think size difference would be as drastic since Toyota wants it to be between current highlander and sequoia. The hybrid max system has 2.4l turbo with large motor. Just that turbo 2.4l does 29 on highway (where hybrid system isn't that useful) in regular highlander, so I am expecting slightly lower (2mpg) in larger car.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts