Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reserved on in Richmond Hill Ontario. apparently feb build allocation is closed and expects to deliver mid March.

have not heard if any on any lots yet.

next allocation is for may/June delivery
Copy , thanks ....at this rate there will be no room to negotiate any aspects, MSRP plus what ever admin fees, etc.

Thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
reserved on in Richmond Hill Ontario. apparently feb build allocation is closed and expects to deliver mid March.

have not heard if any on any lots yet.

next allocation is for may/June delivery
@idubbz Can I ask what your dealer actually provided you with for a reservation? Mine is apparently pre-ordered but I have minimal documentation to support this other than "don't worry your order is placed" along with a signature on a very generic looking piece of paper for "2023 Pilot Trailsport". I'm anxious because I knew more about these vehicles than the dealer did and want to make sure I'm on that 1st allocation.

Do you have a build date from Honda already?

· Registered
9 Posts
i just have pre order .if an order goes in for an allocated colour adn car. i think its urs then - they will give m ea bill of sale then. i have stipulation that its pending a test drive. i can refund my deposit until i drive a touring demo or the actual car

· Registered
9 Posts
what do peole think about the telluride in comparison? (pallisade 2023 not realyl avilalbe in canada , even by luck unless you ordered a long time ago). 2 Hyunadis in family now - we are happy with them. the 2023 telluride x line was very nice. drove well. beautiful interior. we almost pulled the trigger, but the 2023 pilot has the removable middle seat so wnat to try it out first and drive it.
If we get lucky wiht an instock 2023 telluride x line or x pro in the next month, may pull the trigger. not sure. the telluride resale is 8-10k over msrp right now. my first car was a 2017 fit which has amazing resale ( still in the fam). I do think the 2023 pilot will have better long term resale, but am not sure. the interior of the 2023 pilot does not look like a 72K car :( (touring trim)

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a Trailsport in Modern Steel Metallic for the February allocation. Maybe it'll arrive in April sometime. I have a refundable deposit on it. They had it on their website with in transit and removed it once I confirmed I wanted that colour. The dealership will only receive 1 Trailsport for that month.

· Registered
51 Posts
@idubbz Can I ask what your dealer actually provided you with for a reservation? Mine is apparently pre-ordered but I have minimal documentation to support this other than "don't worry your order is placed" along with a signature on a very generic looking piece of paper for "2023 Pilot Trailsport". I'm anxious because I knew more about these vehicles than the dealer did and want to make sure I'm on that 1st allocation.

Do you have a build date from Honda already?
same. just a deposit form and just salespersons word that I have an allocation. Richmond Hill Ontario dealer

· Registered
51 Posts
For you two who have a deposit and a slot, did you agree price etc with dealer? Or are you still at the mercy of the dealer to push a bunch of add-ons to the contract when it comes time to buy your unit?
he insists their dealership does no market adjustments. i even negotiated omitting the paint upgrade fee on the touring but i am on the fence awaiting the grand highlander reveal. $61k cad plus fees and taxes is still a lot of money!!

· Registered
9 Posts
he insists their dealership does no market adjustments. i even negotiated omitting the paint upgrade fee on the touring but i am on the fence awaiting the grand highlander reveal. $61k cad plus fees and taxes is still a lot of money!!
also am waiting for the grand highlander reveal.
but i hitnk the one major factor is that Grand highandler will not be available realisticaly. toyota hybrids are bascailyl not sold this year. i hcve called many dealerships and same story.
You cannot even order a sequoia 2023 - and its been out for. 6 months!

· Registered
5 Posts
also am waiting for the grand highlander reveal.
but i hitnk the one major factor is that Grand highandler will not be available realisticaly. toyota hybrids are bascailyl not sold this year. i hcve called many dealerships and same story.
You cannot even order a sequoia 2023 - and its been out for. 6 months!
Will the Grand Highlander Hybrid come with turbo 2.4 or NA 2.4 in Canada?
If turbo, then I would be willing to take that over the Pilot.

NM, it seems like it will be turbo Hybrid Max powertrain, but it's not confirmed. That would be more appealing to me than the Pilot, the downside it will be much more complex powertrain system so I'm not sure what the long-term reliability will be like. Also, the price difference - if higher - make potentially offset the savings.

· Registered
51 Posts
Will the Grand Highlander Hybrid come with turbo 2.4 or NA 2.4 in Canada?
If turbo, then I would be willing to take that over the Pilot.

NM, it seems like it will be turbo Hybrid Max powertrain, but it's not confirmed. That would be more appealing to me than the Pilot, the downside it will be much more complex powertrain system so I'm not sure what the long-term reliability will be like. Also, the price difference - if higher - make potentially offset the savings.
rumors they should release a version with just the turbo v4 and then other models with the hybrid , hybrid max. I hope it's starting price is similar to pilots upper trims maybe start at $60k-75k cad since pilot is $52-65k cad?

· Registered
292 Posts
We will know soon on the Grand Highlander with it released in the US 2/8. The Crown Platinum with the Max system is $60K in Canada. Will the Grand Highlander with Max be $70K?

On the other hand, at driving 12K miles at 30 mpg rather than 22 mpg saves over $1000/yr with gas at $3.50. I would save less because most of my driving is highway where the difference is less due to use of the gas engine.

340hp and 400 ft lb of torque is pretty nice.

I'll bet that the Max version has big MV adjustments.

· Registered
38 Posts
If the Grand Highlander is going to be a behemoth like the Sequoia, then realistically we should expect a combined mpg no more than 22-23; regardless, since it is positioned toward the full size SUV spectrum (company of Tahoe, Yukon, Expedition), I expect it to be priced at least $7K more than the least expensive Highlander, with the top trim starting around the $70K price point. It is going to be pricey. for sure.

· Registered
655 Posts
If the Grand Highlander is going to be a behemoth like the Sequoia, then realistically we should not expect a combined mpg no more than 22-23; regardless, since is is positioned toward the full size SUV spectrum (company of Tahoe, Yukon, Expedition), I expect it to be priced at least $7K more than the least expensive Highlander, with the top trim starting around the $70K price point. It is going to be pricey. for sure.
I guess another reason for me to just go "bird in hand" with a Pilot rather than keep waiting for the next potential thing....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts